Help with rtl Dongle and unitrunker with SDR#

Status
Not open for further replies.

NRGST

hey guys I recently tried to get this working and can't for the life of me get SDR# to jump freq. uni trunker is showing freq and calls etc but its not directing SDR# to jum freq. I followed the steps here exactly: https://sites.google.com/site/policescannerhowto/

I'll post some screenshots so you can get an idea of my setup but i used the exact versions the article used. I think it might be something to do with the remote.dll but i have tried pasteing that thing to 3 different directories and still no luck. DSD also displays zero info in the window. help!!

http://s13.postimg.org/b772ebx3r/Untitled.jpg

http://s13.postimg.org/w5d8cewyf/Untitled2.jpg

TurboLed

I believe you should uncheck the "Tune to Control Channel" checkbox in SdrSharp otherwise it will stay on the control channel and never move out of it. Also make sure the "sdrsharptrunking.log" file is generated in the Unitrunker directory. If not you might require to change the Windows permissions for the directory.

SCPD

QRT
Curtis;
In addition to turbo's comments - make sure the Listen check box is checked on the main program window's Options tab. Also, while a call is active, you should see the frequency turn green (in the site window's call history tab).

park425

Its probably easier to just buy one more rtl stick. Only another $20 and I have mine working completely without SDR#.

The latest preview version of Unitrunker has support for direct input from the rtl sticks. This way you set one reciever as voice, and one as signal. Mute the signal in the options and... well there you go. Run DSD and pipe the voice audio output to it and then you can hear the decoded P25 and whatnot. Luckily in my area we are on an unencoded Motorolla II system so I don't need to do that last step.

ghosttang

And my trying was fail……:(
==============================
Dongle:Realtek RTL2832U with R820T
Unitrunker:1.0.26.16
SDR#:v0.0.0.0
Virtual Audio Cable:4.13.0.5810(trial)
===============================
I tune scanner frequency on MPT1327's control channel,wait for one moment,a new window pop up in UniTrunker.
But wait for long time,always find green color channel ,and they're all in 0.00000 Frenquency.
Please help me ! :)

SCPD

QRT
But wait for long time,always find green color channel ,and they're all in 0.00000 Frenquency.
Please help me ! :)
You need to set a band plan (or edit each channel individually). A band plan will map channel numbers to frequencies. Check the RR DB. Check government records (eg. FCC in US, OFCOM in UK) for license holder information. Unitrunker can tell you channel numbers. With a little algebra, you can figure out which licensed frequency goes with which channel number.

Status
Not open for further replies.