HELP with Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrypowers

:
I have a UNIDEN BEARCAT 30 Channel RADIO SCANNER.
It was gave to me and i do not know how to enter frequencies
for HAM and CB raido. This is on back of the scanner.

MODEL BC60XLT-1

29.0-29.7MHz 10 meter ham
29.7-50.0MHz Low Band
50.0-54.0MHz 6 MeterHam
137-144MHz Military
144-148MHz 2 Meter Ham
148-174MHz High Band
406-420MHz Federal Gov.
420-450MHz 70cm Ham
450-470MHz UHF Band
470-512MHz ''T'' Band

I live in Arlington Texas and my EMIAL Adress Is formeathome2003@yahoo.com

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
jerrypowers said:
:
I have a UNIDEN BEARCAT 30 Channel RADIO SCANNER.
It was gave to me and i do not know how to enter frequencies
for HAM and CB raido.
I live in Arlington Texas and my EMIAL Adress Is formeathome2003@yahoo.com

.[/quote] Use the link to the manual provided by stateboy. What I've found useful is to download the file for manuals for my scanners. Then, you can view the manual using Adobe Acrobat Reader, even when offline. You can also use the search function in Adobe Reader to find what you're looking for much more quickly than thumbimg through a paper manual.

Programming is covered started on page 13 of the manual, and is basically straightforward. Use the manual key to get to the channel you want to program, then the keypad to enter the frequency. Hit the "E" key to enter it.
Use Manual to step to the next channel you want to program. Repeat the entry process until you have

Your BC60XLT will not pick up CB frequencies. They are outside the frequency ranges this scanner can receive.
You can receive 2 meter ham radio (144-148mhz) and also the 420-450MHz 70cm & 50.0-54.0MHz 6 Meter ham radio bands. You'll hear the most ham activity probably on 2 meter or the 70cm bands.

For public safety listening, your choices are more limited. Your home city, Arlington, as well as most of the other cities around you, uses a trunked radio system. Your scanner will not receive the frequencies used by these trunked systems, nor would it track the conversations. You would be able to monitor conventional frequencies within range, such as some of the smaller cities not on a trunked system, as well as a few larger suburbs like Hurst and Benbrook. The city of Dallas also is on conventional channels. But to get Arlington, or any of the number of cities on the Fort Worth/Tarrant County TRS, you’d need a different scanner. To receive Grand Prairie or Mansfield, that scanner would also have to be digital capable.

n4voxgill

Silent Key
you can't get CB as it is below where your scanner starts to receive, CB is 27 MHz. A couple of ham 2 meter repeater frequencies in Arlington are:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Jerry,

You are quickly becoming the focus of attention on this site. That is not a good thing.

This same topic was brought up by you previously, stick with that thread. And as I have said once to you already, don't hijack someone else's thread with an off topic question.

You are new to the site and hence get some slack; however, you are quickly running out of extra rope. This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.