HELP! with sentinel software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

upsmannj

Hope someone can help me. I have the sentinel software installed on my computer. When i try to open the program it dose NOT open.
I tried unistalling it and reinstalled it but the same thing happens. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

upsmannj

If you look he was here before UPMan. My guess is the OP works for UPS in NJ.
Back to the problem at hand What OS are you running? Windows 10 Pro 64 ect.
Did you install as an ADMINISTRATOR?
Did you set it to run as an ADMINISTRATOR?
Windows 10 sir not sure how i have the administrator set.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hope someone can help me. I have the sentinel software installed on my computer. When i try to open the program it dose NOT open.
I tried unistalling it and reinstalled it but the same thing happens. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

Are you getting any error messages?
It could be two possibilities. Either the .Net Framework 2.0 isn't installed (1st link) or the user.config file is corrupt (2nd link)

upsmannj

Than
Are you getting any error messages?
It could be two possibilities. Either the .Net Framework 2.0 isn't installed (1st link) or the user.config file is corrupt (2nd link)
Thanks for the reply. I'm NOT getting any error messages I click the short cut on my desk top and nothing happens.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
To the OP:
This is a 99.9% probability a Windows problem, not Sentinel.

This is assuming YOU are an admin on the computer? If you are not, then that may be the issue right there. Assuming you are:

Windows (programs running on Windows) will, on occasion, get munged up by permissions errors. As a previous post mentions, look at the administrator status, not of Windows, but of the program itself. Find where Sentinel is installed and right click. Find comparability and find the run as administrator and check it.

The other issue may be the folder where it is installed may have screwed up permissions. Either fix that, or try installing Sentinel in another folder or drive.

eg153wftx

I would go to your programs and delete the sentinel you have on your computer then start over. I had the issue of framework 2.0 on win10 also so before downloading the sentinel again google the 2.0 and download it to your computer it will say you have 4.0 but DL it anyway then go through the steps of DL the sentinel from what ever source you are using

Status
Not open for further replies.