Help with setting up

mjbjr

Premium Subscriber
I got the SDS200 setup and ready to go. I got approved with Broadcastify,got my ethernet and program cable installed. But i cant find what to do next? I have proscan, sentenil and freescan but cant figure what to do to start streaming. Im still hearing the scanner thru the speaker so i guess i missed something

mjbjr

Premium Subscriber
Ok after hours on out i got it online and got the email stating its up but audio is still on the scanner

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
If you don't want the audio coming through the computer speaker then go to the Audio Control Monitor & Test tab and ensure the Loopback box is unchecked.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It is now but the url setup doesnt detect anything
Thanks i was expecting a lot more.

Did you try clicking the Auto Detect button and did you go through the list at the bottom?

Assuming the scanner LAN is already setup which should be if you have the scanner display showing in ProScan.

Untitled.png

Last edited:

mjbjr

Premium Subscriber
Restarted yes
Firmware is up to date
No other apps are installed

Missed the disabled IP (idk how to)

Don't use avg, and Windows is turned off as much as it'll let me

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Restarted yes
Firmware is up to date
No other apps are installed

Missed the disabled IP (idk how to)

Don't use avg, and Windows is turned off as much as it'll let me

Does ProScan show the scanner display indicating that the scanner LAN is configured correctly?

{edit} Does the scanner show in the list when clicking the Auto Detect button.

Untitled.png

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The display is blank. You may not have setup the scanner LAN. Go to the scanner Settings - LAN Settings - Set IP Assignment - set Auto then power cycle the scanner.

mjbjr

Premium Subscriber
Ok with some help I've managed to fix that issue I think. But two things still persist

1) it says broadcasting but I don't hear anything on the scanner app

2) I still hear the scanner while it's broadcasting and my wife isn't going to allow this lol

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 10

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
1) it says broadcasting but I don't hear anything on the scanner app
Can you go to the Audio Control - Source Client tab. If you see the meter move with audio then the audio is good on the ProScan side.

2) I still hear the scanner while it's broadcasting and my wife isn't going to allow this lol
Turn down the scanner volume control. That will not affect the scanner LAN audio level.

{EDIT} I see in the logging grid, a disconnect message that occurred at the same time that it tried to connect. I think you may have clicked the Connect button 2 times. Click it just once and see if it stays connected.

Last edited:

mjbjr

Premium Subscriber
Ive had it on the app for 15 minutes and nothing has come thru. Despite it being on the scanner. I only have the ethernet cable plugged in, does that matter?

EDIT..Also thank you so much for helping and being patient with me

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I only have the ethernet cable plugged in, does that matter?
That should do it since you're using the ethernet for audio and data.

Is the display in ProScan showing what's on the scanner? I didn't see that before and that needs to be resolved before connecting to the Broadcastify server.

Hit the Connect button then watch the log to make sure a disconnect message doesn't appear.

That should do it. You may want to post the link here so I or we can see if the audio is okay.

mjbjr

Premium Subscriber