Hennepin County

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrabbyMilton

I will be visiting Bloomington next month but seem to be unable to find the TG's for the Twin Cities Metro Transit. Would this include the light rail as well?
Any insight would be great.
Thank You.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you have Sentinel, go to the ARMER section and look for Twin Cities Metro Transit. There are entries for buses, light rail, metro mobility.

snikliw87

Not sure when you are visiting in October but the Hennepin law enforcement dispatch mains will be going encrypted on 10-16.
Edit: sorry missed you were only looking for metro transit.

CrabbyMilton

That’s ok. I’m not even sure if I’m going to take the 436 just the old 250D.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If I remember correctly, the 250D is the portable version of the 796D. I remember have a pretty tough time listening to the system there on that scanner. That goes back many years.

You might be happier with the 436. One of my favorite sayings is "Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

CrabbyMilton

I know that I won’t be able to listen to digital on the 250D but there are other things like aircraft and rail that I can hear on it. I’d feel less upset if somehow the TSA damaged the 16 year old 250D than this 1 year old 436.
Just me I guess and I carry on anyway.
You are correct though.

dwgelle

Not sure when you are visiting in October but the Hennepin law enforcement dispatch mains will be going encrypted on 10-16.
Edit: sorry missed you were only looking for metro transit.
Just wondering if you have more information on this change coming to HC dispatch mains? Thanks

stmills

I know that Hennepin Dispatch will be switching to new Encrypted Talkgroups. Last year they tested an Encrypted 4th main- Hennepin Law 4E - during heavy traffic times. Some testing was done with patches between the current mains and the encrypted talkgroups.
some of the info presented to cities when new radios were purchased had encryption started 4th quarter 2018.

CrabbyMilton

This will not be my first visit to Bloomington. I fly up there seemingly every year just to walk around the mall for a few days. Not a shopper, just to walk. Years ago, I stayed at a hotel that was about a block away from the mall so plenty to hear. Now that hotel is part of a different hotel chain(so no reward points) so I stay at one further away for the last few years now. I'm leaning toward taking my 436HP but I never take it to the mall just listen at the hotel and the final day hanging around the Minneapolis airport where there is certainly no shortage of RF soup.
Aircraft alone is enough to stay occupied. Love that observation tower they have in the D concourse.

AnikF1R

Premium Subscriber
Good to hear that the observation deck is still going. I haven’t been there in ages.

snikliw87

Just wondering if you have more information on this change coming to HC dispatch mains? Thanks
Yes, the switch will happen during morning hours.
East Main will go to HLAW1E, north main HLAW2E, south main HLAW3E, and a possible future main on HLAW4E. It will be a hard switch with no patches to the old channels.

stmills

The agencies currently dispatched in Hennepin Sheriffs radio East, North, and South Mains are switching to encrypted dispatch mains. Most of these agencies switched to encrypted car to car channels, the car to car channels associated with each main, the clerk channel and new Htacs will all move to new encrypted talkgroups.
Airport
Bloomington
Eden Prairie
Edina
Minneapolis
U of M
Are not switching to encrypted next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.