Henrico Silence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredva

Feed Provider
Well, there are two types of control channel changes - there is the switching between the control channel and the alternate control channel. That can occur on a regular basis (or not). That's why it is best to have both the main and the alternate control channel frequencies in your scanner because they can flip without warning.

The other type of control channel change is when you have specific frequencies assigned for your main and alternate control channel, and those frequencies change completely due to rebanding or some other major overhaul of the system. That's the type of change that I thought WeBeCinYa was asking about and which my earlier reply was intended to address.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Another issue that can make the system seem strange is a hanging transmitter. Looks like there may be one on 856.9625. Not consistent, but it appears to be the cause of me hearing police cars on Fire D2. At this point, a press of the scan button gets things back on track

73/Allen (N4JRI)

NS9710

Just a product of the rebanding process, unfortunately, all they got to do is hit Richmond's frequencies then this is pretty much all but done.

Another issue that can make the system seem strange is a hanging transmitter. Looks like there may be one on 856.9625. Not consistent, but it appears to be the cause of me hearing police cars on Fire D2. At this point, a press of the scan button gets things back on track

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Status
Not open for further replies.