Here we go again

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
HBT Incident

This was better...96th Ewing. Robbery offender who was an ex-employee held 3 in the store. Started around 1930..ended at 2125 Hrs. I have more details, but i'm sure it'll be a news event soon if not by morning. Zone 8 was the primary zone, and the HBT was moved to City-Wide 6. Alot of new Beat numbers were on there if some of you were paying close attention...

Here we go: http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6106062

Last edited:

RADIOGUY2002

Wrong channel !!

I think that what I was hearing, I must have messed up the zones with the citywides. I heard it on 460.2500 cw #6 now that I check my notes. But, yea it was quite interseting. Lets see what happens tonight, being a little bit colder today. Thats what happens when you don't put in text tags.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Todays Events...so far

This post could go on and on..LOL ! PH-1 (New Radio Desigation for Police Helicopeters-PH), along with Canine Units , were utilized by the CPD Fugitive Apprehension Unit in an attempt to look for an offender wanted on a warrant in the Clearing neighborhood..63rd Oak Park area. This incident extended to Burbank where the offenders vehicle was spotted. Pursuit was initiated, Harlem to Interstate 55 where offender did some fancy driving, went back west on the highway where he exited to a forest preserve in Lyons,IL. There a foot pursuit was initiated in the woods (I'm sure interrupted some lovers in action...LOL!!!) where he was taken into custody. Ahhh, never a dull moment on Zone 6.
Another high school student was shot in the LeClaire Courts low-rises at 46th Lawler soon thereafter. He appeared to be in good condition as he was driven by a friend to MacNeal Hospital. All before 2PM on a Sunday...what's that saying.."no justice, no peace"...hmmmmm?

Regarding the helicopters, I heard one on CW1 yesterday, but identified himself as Copter-1. He was notifying the dispatcher of a lojack hit [where she then sent a car to the area to locate the car in question {of course with a description of the vehicle which was probably looked up in their database}].

Was also some action on the north side yesterday: (2090?) was following a car [forgot the reason why] in which the driver hopped out (in beat 23xx [wilson + sheridan]) and ran while two females were sitting in the backseat. Chase ensued...apprehended on sunnyside + broadway [like 2 blocks away...lol].

Last edited:

bigt512

they usually go by cpd Copter-1 or cfd copter-2 to the airports so that is why it might of been said

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
wannabescannist said:
Regarding the helicopters, I heard one on CW1 yesterday, but identified himself as Copter-1. He was notifying the dispatcher of a lojack hit [where she then sent a car to the area to locate the car in question {of course with a description of the vehicle which was probably looked up in their database}].

Was also some action on the north side yesterday: (2090?) was following a car [forgot the reason why] in which the driver hopped out (in beat 23xx [wilson + sheridan]) and ran while two females were sitting in the backseat. Chase ensued...apprehended on sunnyside + broadway [like 2 blocks away...lol].

Yes, you are correct as well. I've heard the PH designation twice now, so i'm sure it's a learning curve. This has to do with the CPD CAD System so they can put them on the Events, check history etc. They'll all come on board soon i'm sure.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Add some more !!!

They found 3 DOA's in a house in Pilsen, another one shot in a factory on 4500 W. Division and yesterday found a male with a gunshot wound to the head around 63rd Kedzie...all homicide victims. We need to start a pool as to what the final tally will be. I see it's going to be in the 70's next couple of days too...uh ohhh !!!

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
It's Warm Today !!

Another shot at 82nd Exchange in critical condition and a female shot in the arm around 62nd California in an apparent home invasion. All this before 1000 Hrs. on a beautiful summer-like day. Keep those scanners tuned to the Zones as more to come...

RADIOGUY2002

Modfied Ver

Modfied Verison of Crime Stats, a program that does not cost thousands of dollars to use. Thanks, I firgure someone was keeping track. Here comes the study......

RADIOGUY2002

Chase

We had a chase last night in my town for shots fired by some shi*hea** . It was three blocks away from my house at 2 am ish. Table top scanner listing, nice wake up call.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Put it on the board...YES!!!!

2 more in two days. Yesterday a homicide in a tire shop on the southwest side, and today one shot in the head in the rough and tumble Englewood area.

RADIOGUY2002

I'm not surpised

I have not been watching the news or listening to the citywides, to busy job seraching or fixing the radios and/or repeater. But, yea the total is going to be huge and the were one month in, its crazy.

RADIOGUY2002

Shots Fired

Shots fired, two subjects running on foot. With in minutes they were in custody, because everybody was listening to their radio. Mutiple radio bands used on this one, for the most part vey well cordinate. I guess that is what happen when its past 12 am. All around nice catch and evidence located right away. Local towns around here by me.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Plus 2

Add 2 more so far today. 28th Kenneth, 2 shot...1 DOA, 1 still ready for another day. 93rd Cottage Grove...head shot...funeral planning.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Add Another 3

64th Rockwell....3 shot in a car..1 DOA (head shot) on the scene 2 others being transported to the hospital as I type. Just think, it's going to be in the 70's tomorrow on a Friday no less.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.