Home Partol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer5873

Premium Subscriber
I am still having a problem picking up law enforcement on my scanner- I have the CNY interoperable comm. in my favorites-& it does scan to there -it lights up but hear nothing. trying to get the law enforcement for Oswego county NY- any suggestions will be helpful
Thanks

SCPD

QRT
I am still having a problem picking up law enforcement on my scanner- I have the CNY interoperable comm. in my favorites-& it does scan to there -it lights up but hear nothing. trying to get the law enforcement for Oswego county NY- any suggestions will be helpful
Thanks

Don't know if you have tried this or not but worth a shot...

on the home patrol click menu then select service types then down arrow 1 time and select law dispatch, law tac and then down arrow 1 more time and select law talk... then click accept... hope it works if you already done it then make sure you didn't accidentally avoid them

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
Have you made sure you updated the database and correctly loaded it to the HP-1? If you did update the DB correctly, did you go into your favorites list and update any channels manually? If not, this might be the problem as the DB does not update your separate favorites list. It only updates the DB itself.

I just went through this system:
Central New York Interoperable Communications Consortium (CNYICC) Network Trunking System, Various, New York - Scanner Frequencies
Which is a P25 Phase 1 system and seen there was only one channel listed as encrypted.

I see no other reasons for you not getting audio other then having the mute button on full time. Maybe your card is not loading things correctly, have you tried to format it and reload everything again?

kaiserfan

Have you made sure you updated the database and correctly loaded it to the HP-1? If you did update the DB correctly, did you go into your favorites list and update any channels manually? If not, this might be the problem as the DB does not update your separate favorites list. It only updates the DB itself.

I just went through this system:
Central New York Interoperable Communications Consortium (CNYICC) Network Trunking System, Various, New York - Scanner Frequencies
Which is a P25 Phase 1 system and seen there was only one channel listed as encrypted.

I see no other reasons for you not getting audio other then having the mute button on full time. Maybe your card is not loading things correctly, have you tried to format it and reload everything again?

The reason is obvious it's a Uniden Scanner

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Were you ever able to hear them before or is this the first time you have tried listening to them?

Hammer5873

Premium Subscriber
I thought I did the updates correctly. I guess I really don't understand this unit. very confusion I think I will reset everything and start over-won't be able to do that till next week. & honestly I don't know what PS25 phase unit is.. really wish there was someone around local to take it to. I got it at radio shack & they know nothing about it. I am sure this is a great unit when you understand how to program it..
Thanks all for you help. will be it touch when I reset everything..again Thanks

Dafe1er

I thought I did the updates correctly. I guess I really don't understand this unit. very confusion I think I will reset everything and start over-won't be able to do that till next week. & honestly I don't know what PS25 phase unit is.. really wish there was someone around local to take it to. I got it at radio shack & they know nothing about it. I am sure this is a great unit when you understand how to program it..
Thanks all for you help. will be it touch when I reset everything..again Thanks

Are you using the old analog frequencies they have listed on the main page for your County? If so, that is why you do not hear them. They are now working with Digital radios. That is what the P25 system is all about.

Here is an easier to read manual for the Home Patrol-1. It will help you out a little better understanding the unit and how to use it.
Easier to Read HomePatrol Scanner Manual

kaiserfan

Are you using the old analog frequencies they have listed on the main page for your County? If so, that is why you do not hear them. They are now working with Digital radios. That is what the P25 system is all about.

Here is an easier to read manual for the Home Patrol-1. It will help you out a little better understanding the unit and how to use it.
Easier to Read HomePatrol Scanner Manual

In the easier version it states the Extreme Version you can manualy program Systems, sites, departments, and channels into Favorites list is this true and how can you do this any video on the Extreme Version didn't mention this?

Dafe1er

In the easier version it states the Extreme Version you can manualy program Systems, sites, departments, and channels into Favorites list is this true and how can you do this any video on the Extreme Version didn't mention this?

You do not need the extreme feature to load or play with favorites list. Just Sentinel or another third party software.

Have a view here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjbaKImXbXc

The extreme let's you do trunking and conventional discovery of current and new frequencies and other cool things.

Also have a view here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEG-ZodmoeY

phask

Premium Subscriber
You do not need the extreme feature to load or play with favorites list. Just Sentinel or another third party software.

Have a view here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjbaKImXbXc

The extreme let's you do trunking and conventional discovery of current and new frequencies and other cool things.

Also have a view here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEG-ZodmoeY

You do to do it within the scanner itself, you don't when using Sentinel.

I have 1 with extreme and have never used that feature. Only use I see is if you were in a distant location and for some reason needed to create a FL. The one I use mobile does not have extreme.

Others use it, but for me, it seems like using a hammer to drive a screw.

Status
Not open for further replies.