Home Patrol scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer5873

Premium Subscriber
I have posted a few times that I am having problems getting law enforcement (Oswego country -ny)on my scanner someone had said to make sure your scanner has Central NY Interoperable communications scrolling in my favorites which I do. also said it has to be project 25 phase 1- how do I find out if I do?? also wondering the reason why I can't receive this info on site info Madison Simulcast is highlighted there is an option for Oswego Simulcast but it won't let me stay on that page- I hope what I am asking makes so sense to you. I really think that I am just doing something wrong & there is no place local I can take it to for help- again Thanks so much

SCPD

QRT
Oswego

I have posted a few times that I am having problems getting law enforcement (Oswego country -ny)on my scanner someone had said to make sure your scanner has Central NY Interoperable communications scrolling in my favorites which I do. also said it has to be project 25 phase 1- how do I find out if I do?? also wondering the reason why I can't receive this info on site info Madison Simulcast is highlighted there is an option for Oswego Simulcast but it won't let me stay on that page- I hope what I am asking makes so sense to you. I really think that I am just doing something wrong & there is no place local I can take it to for help- again Thanks so much

If you have updated the Hp1.Set it for 5 miles and put yer zip code in,set service types :law dispatch,fire dispatch,ems dispatch you should be good to go.What ya missing?

If you aint hearin maybe me or someone on here could make u a home patrol file

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
You have updated the database on the software and then written it to the HP correct?

This system correct:Central New York Interoperable Communications Consortium (CNYICC) Network Trunking System, Various, New York - Scanner Frequencies

If you updated the software and database then make sure you have the service type(s) needed to run these checked in the service types area in sentinel. Once you do that make sure your channels you want are NOT encrypted. I see two are in your area. This might be part of the problem?

The HP-1 does P25 phase 1 only so this in not the issue as far as software....unless the scanner itself is not updated.

ff75

lets trouble shoot
1. Is the firmware up to date on the HP?
2. Is the Data Base up to date?
3. Do you have what you want to listen to in your Favorites folder?
4. Is the squelch set at 2 or 3?
5. Is the Atten on? shut it off if it is
6. Is the radio in a location that it can get good reception?
That's how I trouble shoot if mine isn't working. If you have to delete your favorite list and start all over

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
The Attenuation button is off? Button is located in the middle of the home screen and has a grey mark next to the word ATTEN meaning it is off and red would mean it is on.

How many bars do you see with the current or stock antenna for the system listening to?

Give us a run down of what you have done from start to finish. There is something missing.

Again the channels you are trying to hear are in fact in the HP and not encrypted correct?

Hammer5873

Premium Subscriber
yes the Attenuation button is off- only like 2 to 3 bars seeing-going to get the antenna tomorrow & go from there like you said something I am doing is missing. thanks again..

ff75

you should be fine with two or three bars. Just make sure you check the service types and have all the PD ones on

Status
Not open for further replies.