HP-1: HomePatrol-1 2.06.xx Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliby19

Feed Provider
V 2.06.03 is unusable on this system.

Bucks County Trunking System, Solebury, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies

During a digital transmission, about once each second, signal indicator drops to zero (no bars), audio stops, signal indicator returns to normal (4 bars), audio returns to normal, cycle repeats.

V 2.06.02 works fine except for some unwanted talk groups appearing after hold times.

This sounds like the exact same problem I'm having. 02.06.02 seemed to work better as well, while 02.06.03 is unusable on the Indiana SAFE-T system.

If it helps any, the Bucks County system is a Motorola Type II SmartZone with APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive. The Indiana Project Hoosier Safe-T system is a Motorola Type II SmartZone Omnilink with Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface.

Thanks!

aliby19

Feed Provider
UPMan, any word on the issues radio17, ResQguy, and I have been facing? 2.06.03 is unuseable in all of our cases.

Please let me know what other information I/we can provide to help get this solved.

Thanks!

buggiecar

W1COD
Premium Subscriber
Notice Improvement In other Area's too!

Hey UP,
First thing I did notice was marked improvement for CT State PD and Hartford Hospital...nice clean audio..
But on systems I monitor that are LTR there is way better reception there as well....Some of these systems were hard to hear it's like they are boosted as well! :)

ResQguy

Meh
UPMan, any word on the issues radio17, ResQguy, and I have been facing? 2.06.03 is unuseable in all of our cases.

Please let me know what other information I/we can provide to help get this solved.

Thanks!

Just to back that up, no amount of changes to the audio settings would recover this condition and rendered the HP1E useless for trunking. I reverted back to the release version and will wait until another update to try again.

JamesO

Just to back that up, no amount of changes to the audio settings would recover this condition and rendered the HP1E useless for trunking. I reverted back to the release version and will wait until another update to try again.

ResQguy,

So I am not seeing issues with the Wash DC Project 16 on my HP1 running the Beta firmware.

I can receive and with little problems and at times error rates that are very good. My setting seems to work out at 10, Automatic works fine, it may dance a bit between 10-12 on Automatic.

I usually do not monitor DCFD often, so I cannot say if there was any difference in the prior firmware.

One caveat that I really do not think plays into this is I have installed a slightly narrower IF filter in my HP1.

What area are you trying to monitor traffic from?

I was listening all the way out to Fairfax Circle with my RS 800 MHz antenna on my HP1 today. Things were starting to get spotty out that way, but I was able to still pick up DCFD with the Beta firmware.

I am starting to think that there may be some production toleraces that may play into things a bit or the overall receive sensitivity??

Would be curious to understand a bit more of what is going on and why some people cannot monitor systems at all and others can with the same version of Beta firmware?

Last edited:

ResQguy

Meh
All manner of locations; near, far, wherever you are. The release version worked 100% before and works great again after reverting. Even the P25 system works.

JamesO

All manner of locations; near, far, wherever you are. The release version worked 100% before and works great again after reverting. Even the P25 system works.

Mine appears to be working pretty well overall. Unfortunately I did not have a lot of listening time on my unit to compare with the new Beta release.

The only unusual thing I have found on my unit it occasionally will break squelch or have squelch/white noise on a Talk Group. Not motorboating, not encryption and these are Talk Groups I am familiar with. Tried just for kicks cranking the squelch up, but no change.

Very random and not often, but it has happened multiple times on different Systems.

K4SVT

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Explain Upman....we like to know why our scanners cut out all sudden....:)

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Greatly improved P25 trunked simulcast audio. Then after a few minutes it receives nothing and signal meter shows no signal. Back to version 2.04 with no other changes and everything works fine. Tried this 3 times always with the same results. Tried all of the different audio settings (auto, manual, filter A, Filter B, offset, no offset).

Northzone: Can you confirm that 2.05.03 is OK against the issue you reported, above?

northzone

Premium Subscriber
Northzone: Can you confirm that 2.05.03 is OK against the issue you reported, above?

UPMan,
NO.. Just downloaded and reinstalled version 2.05.03 (after install double checked version # in menu). Same problem, after about a min signal bars go to zero and radio stops receiving. Reinstalled version 2.04.01 and works fine.
Northzone

JamesO

There must be different hardware versions of these HP1's???? Maybe not????

I cannot understand why some people are having so many issues and some seem to be fine or even improved with the Beta firmware.

If there is not different hardware versions of the HP1, then I am wondering if some of these units have drifted from spec/alignment a bit??

It would be a great feature IMHO to allow either an Automatic detection or Manual Settings on a per System basis. I find that in Auto mode when the signal gets choppy/multipath that the Auto detection starts to chase its tail a bit and if there is a manual setting configured that performance slightly more stable with choppy/multipath issues.

Hope someone is listening and considering some of these ideas.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Please check the following test version against issues you were having. Specifically, this should fix the P16 voice interrupt issue and P16 digital voice squelch tail issue, but could have a positive (or negative) affect on other issues.

This version also includes the P25 filter and P25 mode options as a hidden menu. Really want to know whether this provides acceptable quality on AUTO, but if it does not, turn on the hidden menu by going to the Audio Options menu and pressing the blank area in the bottom right corner for 2 seconds or so. Then, try other modes/settings and report.

If you have the symptom of no reception while the scanner seems to be stopped on a channel, we've got a logging function to help capture what is happening.

Before turning on the logging function, set up the scanner to scan only the problem system. Then, to turn on the logging function, do the long press again on the Audio Options page (or twice if you've not done it at all). "P25 Logging On" message will appear. Press "LISTEN" and logging will start. Log for 10 minutes or so, (or at least until you capture a few instances of the no reception issue) then press MENU to close the log file. Power off to finish the test.

The log file will be in a log menu in the file folders on the scanner. Post that file here (you might need to zip it, first) along with a description of what you were scanning and what happened.

To apply the update, download and unzip: http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/Partnerweb/HomePatrolBeta/HomePatrol-1_V2_06_04.zip and move the ".scn" file to the scanner's "Firmware" directory, then restart the scanner.

Thanks again for your help.

northzone

Premium Subscriber
UPMan,
Downloaded and installed version 2.06.04 . After about 15 minutes radio stopped receiving and no signal bars. Can not run logging function as it does not stop on any channels (talkgroups). Back to 2.04.01 .
Northzone

phask

Premium Subscriber
You should be able to stop on hold on the system. It does not need to stop on a TG.

UPMan,
Downloaded and installed version 2.06.04 . After about 15 minutes radio stopped receiving and no signal bars. Can not run logging function as it does not stop on any channels (talkgroups). Back to 2.04.01 .
Northzone

JamesO

2.06.04 seems to be working fine for me so far, only had about 1 hour of casual listening, hopefully tomorrow or this weekend I can get some more hard time on the scanner.

I did realize I missed out on the fact that 2.06.03 was released because missed about of week of posts and did not go back and read the thread from the beginning.

For anyone that is having issue with the scanner going stupid after about 15 minutes, are you running recordings or doing anything out of the ordinary with the configuration?

K4SVT

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Im running full database getting full signal and it sounds alot better..but I see when they let the key go the signal bars go to S*** then back up...and keeps scanning not sure if that is between transmissions...

Status
Not open for further replies.