Hospital North, TG ID 2480, Suffolk County.

FallenAnjel

I have a pro651 and on Suffolk trunked system I noticed today there is nothing happening on this TG. Did something change? I haven't listened to it for a while.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
They are no longer on the smart zone system. They are on the p25 system. It’s phase 2 which I believe your scanner won’t do but the hospital tg’s are phase one at this time.

FallenAnjel

They are no longer on the smart zone system. They are on the p25 system. It’s phase 2 which I believe your scanner won’t do but the hospital tg’s are phase one at this time.
That's what I thought! and no, my scanner does not do phase II so once scpd moves over I'll have to get another scanner. Thanks!

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
They have already moved over. All that’s left on smartzone is pd, some sheriff, very limited state and a fraction of fres.

You can get a new scanner if you want. Hospitals and fres are phase one right now and only phase two is a handful of fd. I believe your scanner will do the phase one so if you try, site 4 is what you want. 700 freqs are phase two and 800 are phase 1

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
This is 100% correct as I still listen with a phase 1 scanner and receive SCPD ,SHERIFF , FRES and MEDCOM. My understanding of a phase 2 systems is of an affiliated radio is still phase 1 the system will roll back to a phase 1 phase to accommodate those radios till only phase 2 radios are affiliated.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Myounderstanding of a phase 2 systems is of an affiliated radio is still phase 1 the system will roll back to a phase 1 phase to accommodate those radios till only phase 2 radios are affiliated.
Only if the system has the DDM (Dynamic Dual Mode) option, which not all systems do, otherwise the talkgroups are strapped for either FDMA or TDMA.

FallenAnjel

Did the 7th switch over ? I havne't heard anything either in the past two days. I did just check the 5th and heard some chatter. And I'm hearing the 1st. I near the 5, 6 and 7th so really only listen to them.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
It was stated on another site that as of June 2023, the 7th migrated over. Still seeing a decent amount of activity on 59376.

FallenAnjel

It was stated on another site that as of June 2023, the 7th migrated over. Still seeing a decent amount of activity on 59376.
Thanks.. not long after this the 7th starting hopping again.. weird. I've been listening to the 7th no problem the whole time. Thanks for the info.

SABER3

Saber3
Premium Subscriber
Interesting. ive noticed that there is much more activity on the Suffolk County P25 system now. A few weeks ago my friend works for one of the town Public Safety Dept‘s in Suffolk. Said his radio was reprogrammed “with the new digital channels”.