how do I record a scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jah39

I am new to this whole thing and need some advice. What I want to do is purchase a scanner and by using my computer record Denver Police Departments District 1 channel. Please if anyone has any advice about how to do this or the equipment I will need I would greatly appriciate it. Jeff

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
If you have a GRE PSR-500/600 (or Radio Shack PRO-106/197), WIN-500 has a nice record function built into it. The software is only $35, and is one of the two top software products for these radios. Go to Software for RadioShack PRO-series (PRO-92, 93, 95, 96, 97, 99, 163, 164, 106, 197) and GRE PSR-series (PSR-500, 600, 300, 400) scanners. You'll need the programming cable that comes with the GRE models, or the extra-cost cable if you get the Radio Shack models, plus a cable with 1/8" mini plugs on each end; one plugs into your radio, the other to the audio input of your computer.

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
Now for the Uniden line theres BCtool, its also free and will do just about anything you need with a few of the newer Unidens. It has programming abilities plus log and record abilities.

bcTool

dougw65

What if Sky King answers?
Premium Subscriber
In addition to the great advice already given, you may want to consider using AUDACITY SOFTWARE. Good thing is it's FREE Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

Warning: You are opening yourself up to some fun with your computer and what sound devices you want it to use at any given time so be ready to hit that control panel key ;-) I have a skype phone,a soundcard, onboard sound,and a signalink usb radio interface that require audio ...sometimes they all don't get along or they trade roles ie skype phones plays itunes etc hihi

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Status
Not open for further replies.