How often do you manually program channels?

How often do you manually program channels?


  • Total voters
    35
  • Poll closed .

ryolsen8

Active Member
Feed Provider
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
601
Reaction score
104
Location
BEE07
I program everything channel by channel, or talkgroup by talkgroup, via software. Every scanner I've owned.
 

EAFrizzle

"Sign in, please!"
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 2, 2019
Messages
1,580
Reaction score
2,503
Location
SE de DFW
I miss the old plug-and-play scanners. Just get the right crystal, and plug it in.
 

KF4JYE

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
149
Reaction score
48
Location
Upstate SC
Even though I have programmed many radios manually in the past, I now program all my current scanners with ProScan, and all my ham radios with RT Systems. I no longer use any of my old radios which cannot be programmed with these apps.
 

scanman1958

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Aug 28, 2003
Messages
1,188
Reaction score
266
Location
St. Louis
Sorry I missed the voting. I program all if my scanners via the keypad all of the time. I only use Sentinal to update my database. I am computer challenged and fear I will hit one wrong keystroke and lose everything. I understand I am missing some of the fun with computer programming and information gathering. I just wish I had a close neighbor that is in the hobby that could help. I would ask the question in reverse. Why not learn to use the keypad to program? Could bring surprises to you. Have a great night.
 

jasonhouk

Uniden AlphaMan
Uniden Representative
Joined
Mar 29, 2013
Messages
1,360
Reaction score
2,012
Location
Marion, Ohio
Several times weekly with testing and for personal use as well.
 
Top