SDS100/SDS200: How to avoid a favorite group ?

rdxny

Premium Subscriber
I'm settings up a new sds100 for a friend, and copied my favorites lists to his scanner (both sds100).
All is fine except several of my favorite lists are being scanned, despite my turning them off using quick keys "50 and E" for example, which then says "quick key 50=OFF" as expected, but it still is scanning that list. (says [F50] on screen). Any ideas why it didn't turn that list off when I did the "50enter"????

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I'm settings up a new sds100 for a friend, and copied my favorites lists to his scanner (both sds100).
All is fine except several of my favorite lists are being scanned, despite my turning them off using quick keys "50 and E" for example, which then says "quick key 50=OFF" as expected, but it still is scanning that list. (says [F50] on screen). Any ideas why it didn't turn that list off when I did the "50enter"????
More likely it's a duplicate Favorite List and since no quick key assigned to the duplicate, it will scan no matter what you do. Check Edit...Edit Profile...look at the Select systems to scan, and you might have a duplicate Monitor and Download set to ON.

If you find it, when you Write back to the scanner, make sure you check the box to Erase Favorite Lists in scanner so it wipes it clean and puts only your new programming in.

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
Sentinel allows you to assign the same quick key to multiple favorites lists. As long as the favorites lists are in different profiles, that is OK. You cannot have more than one favorites list per quick key in the scanner. If you have several favorites lists with the same quick key in the same profile when you write to scanner, the quick key is accepted in the scanner for the first favorites list. All subsequent favorites lists with that same quick key will have their quick key set to None and will scan all off the time.

rdxny

Premium Subscriber
I think that is correct, I use Proscan, but looked in sentinal and saw old profiles I thought were deleted but not... I will have to wait till I can update the users scanner, but very likely that's the issue... thanks all:)

rdxny

Premium Subscriber
and after a deep look, as everyone said, a combo of a few duplicated fav lists that showed in Sentinal, and also a few fav list quick keys that didn't transfer over also. Fixed and working, thanks.