SDS100/SDS200: How to only record only digital audio on a dual mode frequency?

Mogley

Premium Subscriber
Ik this may sound simple to some people but I have an interesting question.

According to RR database for Allegheny county. Port authority police has a dual mode frequency. Analog and P25. Ive never heard anything digital on their frequency only analog. Im currently having my sds record the other digital only channels 24/7 but I dont want the SDS to have it's memory eaten up with analog files, how can I only record digital files.

Will switching the channel type to digital work? Will analog audio interfere with recording?

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
Program some weather frequencies as digital only and see if they are received while in digital mode. On my BCD436 the weather channel will not open the squelch in digital search mode or when programmed with a known digital squelch tone; nor will it record with weather frequency in digital mode.

Ubbe

Unfortunately the top of the line Uniden scanners cannot be set to record only specific channels, it records everything or nothing. Older and lower class Uniden scanners can be set to enable the audio to go out the recorder jack for individual channels. So you will have to use something like ProScan to record some specific channels to the computers harddrive.

Set the channel to digital only and search and to record in ProScan and the next channel in the scanlist you program with the same frequency but analog, if you still would like to monitor the analog conversations.

/Ubbe

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Port authority police has a dual mode frequency. Analog and P25.

Ive never heard anything digital on their frequency only analog.

Im currently having my sds record the other digital only channels 24/7 but I dont want the SDS to have it's memory eaten up with analog files, how can I only record digital files.
How are you recording?

Also, if there is nothing being heard on analog, then nothing is being recorded.
Will switching the channel type to digital work?

These 2 freqs are already programmed respectively. One is analog only and the other is digital only.

452.775457.775KTQ235RM192.8 PLPRT PolicePolice DispatchFMNLaw Dispatch
452.775457.775KTQ235RM192 NACPRT Police P25Police Dispatch P25P25Law Dispatch

Alternatively, you could get @ProScan software and selectively record exactly what you want. Proscan lets you record all channels or all marked channels.