How to program pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the beginning stages of FTD which is a type of demintia. Someone was kind enough to post step by step for a wildcard which I have mastered. Now I need step by step to program a several normal p25 systems in my 106. I have tried to do this many times by hand. I really hate bugging everybody, but please understand my dilemma as posted above. I can do this if someone would be willing to take the time. I have been monitoring sense 1980 and now I am just trying to enjoy life until this progresses. Please help.

We do not have a computer. That is why I am asking (begging) for step by step instructions. I know how to program a wildcard, but i cannot figure out how to manually program what i call a normal p25 phase 1 system on LWIN. If someone would please post, I will write the directions in my notebook.

We do have a tablet. I am asking for this one favor so that i can write this in my notebook or have it typed. It will be a few years but my quality of life will begin to drop as posted before. I am already getting somewhat forgetful. I have already lost 4 family members (fathers side) . Please help me with this.

No usb port and no windows. Please post step by step. Understand that all of these questions are doing me any good. I can program a wildcard, but cannot figure out how to program what I call a normal p25 system.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
If you are confused by the easier to read manual that is easy to follow with software like porscan, you will never make it with step by step instructions that are already spelled out in the manual.

If my five year old can do it anyone can.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Ka3aaa, you obviously need to learn to read. He has the beginning stages of dementia.and he doesn't have a computer, so no program, however simple, will help. You also need to learn to understand that there are many disabilities that make what seems simple to most people a challenge to those who are not so fortunate. Get your head out of that dark place and have some grace for others.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
According to the database, Franklin Parish (a parish is the same as a county) uses frequencies in the 770s, which will not work on the Pro 106, even with software and a computer.

The freq are 774.80625 C and 774.30625. They do work because they were programmed in my 106 and they worked flawlessly. Right now I am trying to program the bridge city site in jefferson parish La in scanlist 2 for fire and scanlist 2 for ems.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
According to the database, Franklin Parish (a parish is the same as a county) uses frequencies in the 770s, which will not work on the Pro 106, even with software and a computer.
I'm not sure where you got that idea, but it's incorrect. The Pro-106 is functionally identical to the PSR-500 and WS1040, and they have no issue trunk tracking 700 MHz P25 Phase I systems.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, got it confused with my Pro 96. It gets used very little due to my newer scanner handling simulcast much better

Right now my wife and I are in Metairie La which is in Jefferson Parish. Some one out there can do this. I have gotten step by step instructions on other programming before. I know it would take a while but I really need this favor PLEASE. Some one was gracious enough to post step by step to program a wildcard a short time ago and I wrote these instructions in my notebook. We will be leaving Tuesday to go home in NE La. I need to program the Bridge City site with ems IDs and the IDs of a vfd i am still with on the East Bank of the Mississippi river.

Status
Not open for further replies.