DSDPlus How to Record Only a Few TG

ole_geezer

Premium Subscriber
I am running DSD+ FL. I only want to record a few "unknown" TG to help ID, but continue to scan the other TG without recording them. Is there a way to do this?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
If you set the priorities to what's needed, and your bat file is set up to create wav/mp3 files, try Universal Scanner Audio Player for the playback. Has some good filtering options.

Look up record and mp3 in notes.txt

-P<T|R|B><wav|mp3> Also create per-call wav or mp3 files

<T|R|B>: add talkgroup, radio or both aliases to file names

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
If you set the priorities to what's needed, and your bat file is set up to create wav/mp3 files, try Universal Scanner Audio Player for the playback. Has some good filtering options.

Look up record and mp3 in notes.txt

-P<T|R|B><wav|mp3> Also create per-call wav or mp3 files

<T|R|B>: add talkgroup, radio or both aliases to file names

@dave3825 - I don't believe -P is still a valid command line option with the latest version of DSDPlus.exe. This function is available on the DSDPlus menu. Please check my work to confirm I'm not dreaming this up. :oops:

Last edited:

ole_geezer

Premium Subscriber
I gave it a try. With/without -P with, it seems, every combo of TRB in the batch file or selecting in the menu. In USAP only the radio and radio alias are shown no matter the combination. No TG or TG alias to be found.

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
- I don't believe -P is still a valid command line option with the latest version of DSDPlus.exe. This function is available on the DSDPlus menu.

You might be right. -P is not listed in DSDPlus help any longer.

This is the bat I have been running for a long time and it has -P in there. Surprisingly, it does not throw any errors at startup as far as unrecognized command.

1705203534418.png

I remember about 3 weeks ago being in the menu and switching to mp3 so it looks like it does not do anything any longer

I believe P (without -) was at one point an active key (toggle signal polarity) that was removed in 2.441.

ole_geezer

Premium Subscriber
Any ideas why I can only see radio source and alias of a recording with Universal Scanner Audio Player? This is with the latest version of each.