HP-1E Recording / Kudos, questions and tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
First, kudos to Paul and the HP-1 design team for their layout of the file structure they created for the various discovery modes. Creating a subdirectory per hit makes it easy to review new finds and the information logged.

So I have a question about reviewing the recording files from the HP-1. I am reviewing the legacy audio recording function. When I play the recording back on the HP-1, I see:
System
Department
Channel Name
Service Tag Frequency

But when I play the audio with Windows 7 Media player, I don't see the Frequency. Where is a document that describes the ID mapping?

Just an fyi, the service tag is represented by a graphic in the right hand side of the last channel line. It would be great if the actual service tag label (e.g. Custom 8) would be replaced by the detected tone.

And now the tip comes from the fact that the Channel Name is the 'Title' tag of the recording. In the file explorer window, I enable the display of 'Title' and then click on the Title header to sort the recordings by channel. Makes it easier to focus attention on one channel, when you can hear all activity in one thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.