HP1 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruty

I have a Home Patrol scanner. I have had it for a couple years. Everything was working fine until yesterday now it does not pick up anything. I have updated the firmware. No settings had been changed so I am at a loss. Keep in mind I am not very knowledgeable about what I am doing but would like ant suggestions you have. I am going through withdrawals from not listening. Thank you. Judy

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have a Home Patrol scanner. I have had it for a couple years. Everything was working fine until yesterday now it does not pick up anything. I have updated the firmware. No settings had been changed so I am at a loss. Keep in mind I am not very knowledgeable about what I am doing but would like ant suggestions you have. I am going through withdrawals from not listening. Thank you. Judy

Go to the "quick frequency entry" screen and enter your local NOAA weather frequency and see if you can receive that.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
We're going to need more information than that to help.

1. Did it get dropped or anything? Did you have a power surge, blackout, brownout, anything that might explain the sudden issue? Did it stop working before or after you updated the firmware? Have you tried updating it again?

2. What has it stopped picking up? Have you tried listening to something with a constant carrier, such as your local NOAA weather channel frequency?

3. Have you tried replacing the SD card in the scanner to see if that's the problem?

I don't have a Home Patrol (I'll have the 436HP soon though) so I'm not sure what else to ask or suggest. Hopefully someone who has the HP-1 will chime in also.

-AZ

bruty

I did unblock the weather and it picked that up. It had not even been moved since the last time of listening that is why it has me stumped. Honestly I didnt even know it had a SD card :( I can try that. Do I need to put a new one in?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Answer Question #2. Where are you and what are you trying to receive? Perhaps the radio system changed...

mule1075

Feed Provider
By any chance did you reset your user data by mistake?Go into the menu and select service types to see if the service types you want to hear are selected that might be the problem.Also have you updated the database recently? If you have not that could be the problem also the radio system might have changed.

Last edited:

N8IAA

Thank you

Did you update the SD card and apply it to your favorites list? If you just updated the card, it doesn't know to automatically update your favorites list. It appears that the Saginaw site had changes to it in the last 7 days.
HTH,
Larry

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Larry, I don't even know how to do that.

What is the date of the database in your Home Patrol?
From the main screen on the Home Patrol, select MENU --> ADVANCED MENU --> scroll down arrow --> VERSION INFORMATION
What does it say there for the date of the database?

bruty

Oh my god I love you guys. I am getting it now. Still don't know what I'm doing though :)Thank you for your help! Is there something I should be doing from time to time?

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Oh my god I love you guys. I am getting it now. Still don't know what I'm doing though :)Thank you for your help! Is there something I should be doing from time to time?

The Sentinel DB gets updated once a week. I recommend updating that regularly (at least once a month if not more) to prevent any issues like this in the future, plus that way as new talkgroups are discovered and old ones removed, those changes will trickle over to your scanner as well.

I will be updating my radio diligently every week as our radio systems change all the time here in AZ.

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.