Ht for work

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB0VWG

Need more Info
What kind of work and where?
Will your employer let you bring in a HT to work? Has it been approved by your employer?
What system does your employer use? vhf/Uhf 800 Mhz etc?
Yes people do this only if it is approved by the employer.

I take my Ht to work but I use it just for amateur use only.

KB0VWG
WQOI992

Delivers1234

Need more Info
What kind of work and where?
Will your employer let you bring in a HT to work? Has it been approved by your employer?
What system does your employer use? vhf/Uhf 800 Mhz etc?
Yes people do this only if it is approved by the employer.

I take my Ht to work but I use it just for amateur use only.

KB0VWG
WQOI992

Just for Amateur use. I'm a teacher.

bharvey2

I carry a DMR handheld. I can communicate with people at work as well as local amateur DMR and UHF repeaters. My brother is a teacher as well and also carries an HT periodically. Naturally, if you wish to communicate on your school's system, it would be in your best interest to get written permission to do so.

K5MPH

Brownsville Texas,On The Border By The Sea.
I have known a lot of teachers over the years in Ham radio that carry Ht radios to school as long it is ok with the school the teachers i knew had an Ham radio club at the school,and also its an good way to get the Kids involved in Ham radio.....

Delivers1234

I have known a lot of teachers over the years in Ham radio that carry Ht radios to school as long it is ok with the school the teachers i knew had an Ham radio club at the school,and also its an good way to get the Kids involved in Ham radio.....

My district only had two way at the school site. There is a radio for the busses as well. They have motorolas but also bought grms off the shelve. So there are two frequencies...

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
I'm probably stating the obvious, but just for clarification....

Amateur radios can only be used by persons with a valid amateur radio certificate (or an unlicensed person with a licensed amateur present). They can only be used to communicate with other licensed hams. They must be used within federally designated amateur frequencies and, they can't be used for commercial purposes.

You won't be able to talk to the school bus or use it for any regular chool business.

bharvey2

He said in one of his posts that it was for amateur use. I missed it on the first pass as well.

N0IU

He said in one of his posts that it was for amateur use.

Well he doesn't have an amateur radio badge or any indication that he holds an amateur radio license in his profile. Maybe it is just an oversight on his part. But if he does not hold an amateur radio license, then this conversation should stop right here.

Happy New Year!!

nd5y

Well he doesn't have an amateur radio badge or any indication that he holds an amateur radio license in his profile. Maybe it is just an oversight on his part.
That means nothing. A LOT of hams don't have the ham indicator or mention being a ham in their profile.

prcguy

I spend several hours each day playing on amateur radio and you would never know that by my profile.
prcguy

Well he doesn't have an amateur radio badge or any indication that he holds an amateur radio license in his profile. Maybe it is just an oversight on his part. But if he does not hold an amateur radio license, then this conversation should stop right here.

Happy New Year!!

reedeb

To the OP I carried a Radio Shack HTX212 with me as well as a scanner extra batteries and antennas in a radio bag I was a Security Officer. In my vehicle also have a ham rig, CB, And scanner. NOW I am retired and carry where ever I go a Baofeng UV5R in my messanger bag plus extra battery and earpnone. [ Need top get an adaptor for my metal whip antenna]

SCPD

QRT
For what it may add to the topic, I carry a little BaoFeng UV5 in my purse at work- we use them in the 406-420 UHF band as intercom's -and thru a repeater when longer ranges are required... I too, don't fully understand the original question; perhaps something more to the point?
Happy New Year's, guys... :)

cmdrwill

A teacher friend who is a Ham carries his ham radio at school. ELACC. He has been the one that got a Ham radio class going there.

Status
Not open for further replies.