• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Ht1250 Problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ff_emt121

I own a Motorola HT1250 vhf radio, and I've had some transmitting problem to our com center.I receive just fine, but when transmitting I've been told that sometimes I have a lot of static and unreadable. Other times, I'm clear but I just have low modulation. I'm told by some people that work @ com center that my modulation is low and that could be the problem. Is there anyway that can be fixed, or what?..... help. I want my radio to work well :"\

bezking

Maybe you are just too far away from the repeater/base station to come in clearly... What kind of antenna do you have on the radio?

ff_emt121

Maybe you are just too far away from the repeater/base station to come in clearly... What kind of antenna do you have on the radio?

I have the standard antenna that comes on the radio, not too sure what it is. The county in which I was talking to, has no repeater.

Other times, they've been able to hear me perfectly fine, it's just here recently things have got worse. Last night I was "clear" but "low modulation" before that it was just a lot of static, and they knew my voice so they knew who was calling.

bezking

It sounds like something is wrong internally - I would have your department's radio tech or a local Authorized MSS examine it.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
It's like the Toyota go fast problem. A lot of complaints on HT1250's VHF about bad transmit, but nobody can seem to resolve. Are these being used with a speaker mic?

securitymikey

I had a HT1250 that had a similar issue. I sent it in and they changed the mic element inside the radio. After that it was fine. I am guessing your mic gain in the programming is set to the normal settings right? Also try using a speaker mic to see if it is something with the internal mic. Thats what I did before sending it back to M. The repair was around $70.00 back 5 years ago.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Wait how does your county not have a repeater? If you were on Simplex it might be that you are too far away?

Status
Not open for further replies.