Hump Rack for 2011 Silverado?

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
First off ... please excuse the dirty hump and floor of my 2011 Chevy Silverado.

Now ... on to the question ... does anyone have a suggestion for a radio rack that sits over the hump and fits between the seat and the dashboard of my 2011 Silverado?

Ideally, the rack would fit two Kenwood heads for two TK 790/890 radios, two SDS200s, a gang switch for lights and a controller for a rear facing arrow stick. This is not my ideal set up, but its what would work for the next year or so.

Thanks.

IMG_0020.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 140

hazrat8990

Premium Subscriber
With so many agencies using Tahoe's, and the fact that you're less than 150 miles away from L3 Harris & Motorola Solutions, there has to be a radio shop somewhere close that has exactly what you're looking for.

cg

Premium Subscriber
You looking for commercial or home built? Do you want to be able to access the under seat storage? lock it?
I have used a piece of 3/4 board screwed to the floor and then 2 sides of painted plywood with holes that line up with the radio mounting holes. Worked as a "temp" console for 14 years in my 2011 silverado.
My new truck, I decided to use one of 4 old consoles I have accumulated. I used a Havis console that fits 3 996P2s and a 200SDS. I would be hard pressed to add another radio and keep access to the under seat storage
4 radios and switches will be tight with console radio trim around each.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I have this in my '15. Not sure of fitment but I'd think it'd work in your '11? Dig around on their site or the internet in general and see if you can find it in a '11 or that model design.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I also had this one bookmarked, though I don't know if I've seen it in use anywhere.

RFI-EMI-GUY

There are some pages on Facebook dealing with CVPI's and other emergency equipment being surplused. Some serious scrappers there selling consoles removed from various vehicles. I got one for my Expedition arm rest box from e-bay.

sefrischling

With so many agencies using Tahoe's, and the fact that you're less than 150 miles away from L3 Harris & Motorola Solutions, there has to be a radio shop somewhere close that has exactly what you're looking for.
Those consoles require removing the center seat. That center seat flipped down is the perfect work surface for a laptop.

I work in Emergency Management, and spend a lot of my time in my vehicle on site staring at a computer, while trying to monitor everything around me.

sefrischling

I also had this one bookmarked, though I don't know if I've seen it in use anywhere.

I'll send an email and see if it fits in a 2011 Silverado.

Thanks

sefrischling

sefrischling

You looking for commercial or home built? Do you want to be able to access the under seat storage? lock it?
I have used a piece of 3/4 board screwed to the floor and then 2 sides of painted plywood with holes that line up with the radio mounting holes. Worked as a "temp" console for 14 years in my 2011 silverado.
My new truck, I decided to use one of 4 old consoles I have accumulated. I used a Havis console that fits 3 996P2s and a 200SDS. I would be hard pressed to add another radio and keep access to the under seat storage
4 radios and switches will be tight with console radio trim around each.

I am the poster child for measuring once, then cutting 6 or 7 times, so a home built is likely going to be a failure if I tried it.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, or dig around on there and see if they have one for the '11. Hopefully so.
I bet the might... I worked there for 18 years we never threw any New parts out . We did throw used consoles from strip outs into the scrap bins

cg

Premium Subscriber
That Havis is what I just put in my truck. Way too small for what you want to put in it. It is only 8 vertical inches. However, the 2 996's and 1 SDS200 would not fit in Havis radio mounts.
If you use Havis mounts, you need 4" for each scanner and 3" for each Kenwood, plus 3" for switches, and probably 3" for arrowstick (can't find that one)

You can hope the Scannermaster remote head for SDS200 (fall release?) is decent and use that for the scanners and then mount Kenwoods and switches in console.

The Havis no hole mount for that console in my 2024 Silverado is perfect. I bent some aluminum sheeting for mounts, sprayed it with flat black textured paint and stacked the radios with no space between them.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I sent a version of this to the OP yesterday but here is a better picture.
lJptM5d.jpg

Inside of the console. Rivnuts down in the transmission hump are what hold it in place. There is some seam sealer on the hump you may have to chip out (clearance) for the rivnuts to stick correctly.
AbBRvzy.jpg

At this point, I will also go ahead and die on the hill that the KES-5 is far superior to the HSN4032 which is why even my county truck (which this is not) uses them for it's APX radios.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I sent a version of this to the OP yesterday but here is a better picture.
lJptM5d.jpg

Inside of the console. Rivnuts down in the transmission hump are what hold it in place. There is some seam sealer on the hump you may have to chip out (clearance) for the rivnuts to stick correctly.
AbBRvzy.jpg

At this point, I will also go ahead and die on the hill that the KES-5 is far superior to the HSN4032 which is why even my county truck (which this is not) uses them for it's APX radios.

Havis? That's what I have but I have the bracket that mounts to the center seat bolts and then the console bolts to. Can do it either way, assuming there is a bracket for the '11 series.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Havis? That's what I have but I have the bracket that mounts to the center seat bolts and then the console bolts to. Can do it either way, assuming there is a bracket for the '11 series.
Havis.

GMT900 doesn't have that bracket.