• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HYT TM-610U CPS issue

Silverado5150

Hello.
I recently purchased a used HYT TM-610U radio at a hamfest. Seems like a nice rugged compact unit. It came with the CPS HM600E V5.02.02 on a flash drive and the USB cable supplied.

It came preloaded with 8 GMRS repeater channels. I suspect the radio was somehow programmed as TM-600 in the past. The supplied CPS version has 8 other preprogrammed channels when opened, unknown of what region or use they would have. The radio label also displays V5.01 if applicable in addition to the serial number. I can read the data and write back 8 edited channels only as a TM-600 and whatever options available for that model. However, if I try to write back as a TM-610 it states incorrect model. This limits the front panel choices to 2 buttons instead of 4 and no option to display the frequency only the channel number.

Not really a big deal and other than that it works fine for my local ham repeaters now and can be used as is but it would be nice to have it operate as designed with the additional features of the TM-610 and more than 8 memory slots.

I downloaded earlier CPS versions V2.04.02 and V3.01.02 but when reading the radio it states to upgrade to V5xxxx rendering them incompatible for my use. I noticed the earlier versions also have several different preprogrammed frequencies loaded. Any known issues with this sort of concern? Any workarounds to correct it? Running the CPS as administrator on a Win7-64 PC I use for all other radio programming. This is my first commercial type radio. My amateur radios utilize RT Systems, Chirp or manufacturer CPS programs of which I'm familiar.

Thanks