• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HYTERA PD375 FREQUENCY CHANGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsankir

Hello,

I have EU Hytera PD375 which is 430-480 Mhz.

Any way to change freq. 400-470 Mhz model via sofware?

dazey77

Basically no. there may be physical hardware differences, but even if its sofware, it will be burnt into a chip and not accessible via standard software tools. There is no simple way to do this.
Ebay and buy the one you need!

dsankir

There are 2 models in EU market on same hardware.430-480 and 400-470..Thats why i m asking,though can do something.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
You can expand the frequencies to whatever you want by editing the model.dat file, but the PLL will unlock at less than 10 MHz. If you think you're going to get the radio to work at 400 MHz or close to it, that isn't going to happen. You'll probably be good down to about 422 MHz, if that.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
My guess is that it would work there, yes. Just research how to edit the model.dat. It's super easy to do. Just change the frequencies for your specific radio in there, rewrite the codeplug to your radio, and you'll be good to go.

dsankir

My guess is that it would work there, yes. Just research how to edit the model.dat. It's super easy to do. Just change the frequencies for your specific radio in there, rewrite the codeplug to your radio, and you'll be good to go.
Hi again,
I ve tried today.On CPS,freq. number changed,i ve setting up new frew.on a new channel.On display,it s working but radio does not listening anything.Even its analog or digital mode.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Hi again,
I ve tried today.On CPS,freq. number changed,i ve setting up new frew.on a new channel.On display,it s working but radio does not listening anything.Even its analog or digital mode.

Assuming everything was done properly, perhaps that radio just won't open. I don't know. Normally it will say if the PLL is unlocked and you'll get a tone along with it. So I'm not really sure. :( Sorry.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Just read somewhere else, coincidentally, that the newer firmware does not allow this modification. Every radio I have done it on was firmware 7.x. That might be your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.