• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Hytera PNC380

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I picked up one of these radios and was able to get it configured with Zello and it's working great. However every time I power it up it repeatedly tries to login to the Halo app which gets annoying because it boots you out of other menus. Has anyone had success disabling or removing the app over ADB? I might give it a try but I'm curious if their might be unknown side effects of removing the app. It seems to settle down after a few minutes when it realizes it can't login, so it's not a huge issue... But still has me wondering.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
For anyone that might find this in the future, this seems to have done the trick...

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.hytalkpro.ocean

70cutlass442

Premium Subscriber
I picked up one of these radios and was able to get it configured with Zello and it's working great. However every time I power it up it repeatedly tries to login to the Halo app which gets annoying because it boots you out of other menus. Has anyone had success disabling or removing the app over ADB? I might give it a try but I'm curious if their might be unknown side effects of removing the app. It seems to settle down after a few minutes when it realizes it can't login, so it's not a huge issue... But still has me wondering.

Thanks!
I am looking at these for myself and a customer to interface to a LMR system. Could you explain a bit more on how to remove/disable the Halo APP?

Have you tried the emergency button and does it work on Zello?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I use mine only for receiving. I've not made any attempt at mapping the PTT button to Zello, and I really don't see how you would send an emergency over Zello.

Disabling the Halo app is done thru ADB (Android debug bridge) which is a command line interface that allows you much more access to the operating system.

70cutlass442

Premium Subscriber
I use mine only for receiving. I've not made any attempt at mapping the PTT button to Zello, and I really don't see how you would send an emergency over Zello.

Disabling the Halo app is done thru ADB (Android debug bridge) which is a command line interface that allows you much more access to the operating system.
got it. Zello emergency button steers the radio to a designated radio channel and maps the location to the other recipients. I am using the free enterprise version for first responders and there appears to be additional settings for the emergency button in the enterprise version.