Zello Stream/Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I upgraded to Windows 10 and reinstalled Zello and Zello@work. Upon pressing PTT or VOX, the program crashes and says "PTT STOPPED WORKING (CLOSE)".

Maybe Zello doesn't want scanner feeds on their servers, sort of like ISP's not wanting Netflix. :-\

Paul

CommJunkie

I get a lot CHANNEL BUSY messages with the warning tone and it won't key up

I have this problem too. I'm the only one allowed to transmit on the channel and it will say "Channel Busy" every once in a while when the radio picks up and tries to transmit. I have my feed set up on an XP machine, and so far it's working other than this one little problem.

james41

I'm new to Zello but so far very happy. I'm running desktop version 1.55 on a win7 machine and it seems to be staying online and broadcasting our fire channel as expected. The PTT lock button is staying depressed and so far every morning when I come in and break the squelch its working.
I have three questions:
1) I've created a channel on zello and password protected it, I've got it set to only owner and moderator can talk. Is there any other settings I need to make it work better?

2) As was asked several years ago in this feed, has anyone figured out how to make it default to my channel and VOX after a reboot of the computer? (I have zello in my startup folder to run after reboot)

3) So far I've only got two users, myself and one other (I haven't given this to all firemen until we have tested it). We both show up on the screen along with my channel name. How many users am I allowed? Do I have to accept each person as they connect to my channel in order for them to lissen? I saw something about only being able to have 5 users...

Thanks
James

Last edited:
T

Tryceleon525

I am looking for ChatWing ENJIN Tutorial for myself chat service. Does anyone know here where can I get that?

amcferrin90

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone given any thought to using a virtual audio cable and doing the same thing with SDR's? The principle using the VOX function seems like it would work. It would be interesting to monitor for a function in Unitrunker and then perform a PTT keyboard activation.

sschardin

no audio

Hi, I followed your excellent tutorial, I can see my channel from my pc on my andorid device, but I don't hear anything. The Mic input is working, I can see it in my recording settings, but hear nothing on my android device. not sure what I am missing.

amcferrin90

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I followed your excellent tutorial, I can see my channel from my pc on my andorid device, but I don't hear anything. The Mic input is working, I can see it in my recording settings, but hear nothing on my android device. not sure what I am missing.

Did you change the mic input device in Zello to match the audio output from SDR? Did you arm the Vox by clicking the lock icon next to transmit?

sschardin

input set to mic (realtek), not sure what you mean by arm the vox, I don't see that under the vox setting. I turned on vox for hand free, didn't change anything else. Don't see any lock icon or transmit setting.

sschardin

got it working, turned off vox, changed the green buttons to red at the bottom of the main windows app, but sound is not very good. with vox off now getting static between calls....not sure what the green/red buttons are actually for however.

sschardin

I realized I can do what I want just using Skype, from pc to android. And I can set it up on Linux that will auto answer when I call in from my android device. I can leave android running 24/7.

WA3RTH

linking my base radios via ROIP

Big Lebowski:

That's a great idea, and it will work easily with the Radio-Tone ROIP-2 interface box, but unfortunately if you plan to continue using your base radio "as a base radio," where someone else could sit in front of the radio when you are not there and use it to talk or listen on, you can't use Zello/ROIP on it. You would have to have two base radios and two antennas, and the antennas would have to be spaced far enough apart that one doesn't de-sense the other.

Now on the other hand if nobody will be trying to use the base radio when you are not there, then yes, you can use Zello/ROIP with just the one radio, and you can operate it from your cell phone. It really all depends on what functionality you want that base radio to have when you are not in front of it.

From my experience, we used the ROIP-2 on a Motorola CDM mobile in a small police department, and found out the hard way that once the ROIP-2 box was connected, that radio could no longer be used as a traditional base station. So we set up a second CDM in a closet on the other side of the building, put up a second antenna, and left it alone. Now the original base radio could continue to work as a base station, and the second one acts as the interface.

Last edited:

sschardin

Big,
To clarify, I just wanted to be able to monitor my scanner when I am out of town. The Broadcastify channel that covers my area, does not include my towns talk back code. I would just connect my scanner to skype so I could monitor on my tablet. I would use the scanner as usual when I was home. I have a few other computers running that I can that I can skype the audio from one of several scanners I have.

WA3RTH

Ahhh, well in that case you would be fine with a single radio and an ROIP box.

When you said "base radio," I got the impression it was some sort of 2-way radio base station setup, but if you just want to remote your audio (in either direction), then it will work great.

Incidentally, the setup we did at the police department with the Motorola CDM mobile works great, except that there is a small delay on the Zello side, so if an officer is in his car, and he has Zello running on his cell phone, and a call comes in on the police radio, it repeats itself a second later on the phone, which tends to cause a bit of an echo effect and is very annoying. Of course most guys would have a portable radio so they wouldn't need to have Zello on, but you know, sometimes you forget to turn it off. LOL

wirelesscop

RE:

I realized I can do what I want just using Skype, from pc to android. And I can set it up on Linux that will auto answer when I call in from my android device. I can leave android running 24/7.

Hi,

How are you using Skye to host / transmit a scanner / radio feed? What are the settings?

Thanks!

bush_aholic

Everthing works great love the app...just wondering if anyone has found a way to get a channel to automatically connect when zello@work pc starts up? At the moment i have zello@work to run automatically on start up but i have to use remote desktop to actually start my channel would be nice to have it just turn the channel on automatically once zello@work is started. If theres no easy way to do this, i'm not a programmer in any way but was wondering if its possible to write a program in python or modify a zello program file that would run at start up to turn on the channel?

Using Zello@work PC on win 7 pro

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.