Zello Stream/Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfdfortynine

I think if you go to the users in the channel on your phone, it has the options there.

Found it. On the PC version I had to make the Window bigger to see the hidden pre-moderation user list

I have you noticed many communication errors? IE a long tone while Zello tries to transmit.
Thanks.

Last edited:

squadman

Feed Provider
Don't mean to bring up an old topic, but I've been messing around with Zello but can't get it to stay transmitting for me then an hour or two before it stops even though it's showing that the VOX is active. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?

KLH

Feed Provider
Don't mean to bring up an old topic, but I've been messing around with Zello but can't get it to stay transmitting for me then an hour or two before it stops even though it's showing that the VOX is active. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?

I've had the same problem. My solution was to give up. :/

frenchfry

I have the same problem on Windows 8. My Windows 7 setup does just fine. The Windows 7 only reset when software was updated, So I turned auto update to notify only.

The only thing I found on the Zello website that said would fix this is going to tools, options, connections, Check use TCP connection, But that did not work for me.

squadman & KLM who is your ISP.
My Windows 7 machine is on AT&T & the Windows 8 machine is on Comcast. I would like to know if Comcast is causing out problem.

squadman

Feed Provider
I have the same problem on Windows 8. My Windows 7 setup does just fine. The Windows 7 only reset when software was updated, So I turned auto update to notify only.

The only thing I found on the Zello website that said would fix this is going to tools, options, connections, Check use TCP connection, But that did not work for me.

squadman & KLM who is your ISP.
My Windows 7 machine is on AT&T & the Windows 8 machine is on Comcast. I would like to know if Comcast is causing out problem.

I put a check mark next to use TCP connection to see if that helps. I'm on Comcast.

to2way

Premium Subscriber
Has anybody here interfaced a Motorola ASTRO25 mobile to a Tigertronics SignaLink for the Zello app?

gfdfortynine

Has anybody here interfaced a Motorola ASTRO25 mobile to a Tigertronics SignaLink for the Zello app?

I've only seen a video on YouTube where a guy interfaced to Zello with a scanner and a radio so it can work.
This signal link looks promising Id like to try this if I could get my hands on a radio. Only problem with Zello is its got to many problems. The PTT lock, unlocks when ever it wants and I've found when approved users talk on the channel it sometimes will switch to that user which mutes the fire channel.

fdscan

I tried Zello for my feed when it first came out and it kept disconnecting. You just can't beat Broadcastify.

The only reason it would disconnect is either a setting that isn't set up right for this purpose, the computer going into sleep mode (also a setting), or just maybe a problem with your computer in particular.

It's all a matter of preference, some like Broadcastify, and some don't.

Saying that you can't beat it, however... I'm not so sure I'd agree. But, with that, I'm not saying this way is any more reliable either. Like I said... It's all a matter of preference. Personally, I like the Zello method because in my case it is easier to personalize and switch to whatever you want whenever you want. Besides this, I like the whole idea of being able to repeat transmissions, which you aren't able to do on both Broadcastify or real radio for that matter - it's more of a convenience, I guess. A big factor that might make a difference to some people is the difference in data streamed when using a straight "stream" versus the Zello method. With a stream, you're constantly streaming data no matter what is happening - so you could be using data while getting nothing out of the stream. Zello only streams when there is radio traffic, which could make a substantial difference, especially for those on limited data plans. In addition to this, Zello allows you to use other audio functions on the device, and it temporarily mutes them when radio traffic comes through. With a steady stream, you're limited to that and just that, and usually they just stop if you play music or make a call or something and you have to fire them back up again. With the Zello method, it's not affected by that, all it does is mute whatever you're doing (with the exception of phone calls, I think) and plays the traffic, then resumes your other audio.

fdscan

I've only seen a video on YouTube where a guy interfaced to Zello with a scanner and a radio so it can work.
This signal link looks promising Id like to try this if I could get my hands on a radio. Only problem with Zello is its got to many problems. The PTT lock, unlocks when ever it wants and I've found when approved users talk on the channel it sometimes will switch to that user which mutes the fire channel.

Again... It's not a program-based problem, it's a problem that can be fixed.

The PTT lock is a pain in the *** - don't get me wrong. But as soon as you hit the sweet spot of the threshold, you're golden. It takes a little bit of trial and error, but when you get it, you'll have no problems.

As far as people stepping on the fire channel - set it to a broadcast only channel and limit traffic to JUST the fire channel, because you don't really need other people talking on top of it. If you do, make a separate talkaround channel.

gfdfortynine

Again... It's not a program-based problem, it's a problem that can be fixed.

The PTT lock is a pain in the *** - don't get me wrong. But as soon as you hit the sweet spot of the threshold, you're golden. It takes a little bit of trial and error, but when you get it, you'll have no problems.

As far as people stepping on the fire channel - set it to a broadcast only channel and limit traffic to JUST the fire channel, because you don't really need other people talking on top of it. If you do, make a separate talkaround channel.

My problem with the PTT lock wasn't the VOX activation threshold, I set that up using Audacity. It was the lock actually becoming unselected. I actually have since figured out why that was happening. If a connection to the internet is lost ie. Zello Host, it will unlock. I switched ISPs and its has been solid since.

The approved users weren't stepping over the fire coms on the channel. The Zello app (Windows verson hooked to the scanner) would intermittently unselect the fire channel and select the approved user instead which of course muted all radio traffic on the feed. I have made it a broadcast only channel to fix that.
I do have a talk channel and it makes sense to use it for the transmit part of this equation.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I am having a problem with Zello@worka dn regular Zello. My PC clients have both stopped recognizing line in audio. I can turn on VOX, or simply press the PTT, but no audio. The clients receive fine, I can hear my scanner over the speakers, they were both working before, but now both decided to stop. @work stopped last week, now today, regular Zello stopped, didn't do anything. tried removing and reinstalling, but it pops back up with all the boxes filled, so I don't know how to reset this. Any ideas?

Paul

PS: Mic in doesn't work either.

frenchfry

I am having a problem with Zello@worka dn regular Zello. My PC clients have both stopped recognizing line in audio. I can turn on VOX, or simply press the PTT, but no audio. The clients receive fine, I can hear my scanner over the speakers, they were both working before, but now both decided to stop. @work stopped last week, now today, regular Zello stopped, didn't do anything. tried removing and reinstalling, but it pops back up with all the boxes filled, so I don't know how to reset this. Any ideas?

Paul

PS: Mic in doesn't work either.

I had problems with the current version 1.69. You might want to download version 1.68 and turn off auto update. The older versions can be downloaded under Advanced downloads in your @work Dashboard page.

KLH

Feed Provider
Radio-Tone looks interesting, but I cannot find where to buy it at, or the cost?

frenchfry

I found a work around to fix the loss of a Zello scanner feed stopping because of VOX not staying active. It seem the VOX setting times out because of something the ISP does I think.

To restart the VOX all you have to do is key up Zello so I set a script to do this every 15 minutes. That way at least when it lose connection you will not miss much traffic.

Things to do in Zello:
Go to Tools Control set Push-to-talk to on and assign a Keyboard function key with the set button. I used F10

On the PC set open note pad and paste the following:

while true
set wshshell = wscript.CreateObject("wscript.shell")
WshShell.SendKeys "{F10}"
'Sleep for 15 min
WScript.Sleep(900 * 1000)
Wend

save the file and put a VBS extension on it
It needs to be run every time the computer is restarted and can be run by double clicking on it in a file explorer window.

SCPD

QRT
A little hint bluestack is an in windows shell for android Apk
i can see a little better way to send info with this

ack4084

Premium Subscriber
does anyone have a problem when you have everything set up and it works fine from the transmitting computer, but on the other devices receiving the signal, they stayed keyed up for about 12 to 16 seconds.
again this isn't the transmitting computer doing this.. i have tried two different computers, made different accounts and still does it, even if you aren't broadcasting feed auto. it does it even keying up just on the computer to talk back and fourth.... Please help!!

uni396xt

Hi guys,

I have some annoying problems... zello on windows 8 stops working and won't key up on VOX and you hear nothing. I had to change a laptop with win 7, it won't stop working BUT, I get a lot CHANNEL BUSY messages with the warning tone and it won't key up, just displays the message but you can't hear no sound and you miss on the transmission. Then it works fine for a while..then it's busy channel again.;
getting desperate here.. could it be the Trigger and Relaxation time setting? What are the optimal values with VOX enabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.