I-94 major accident in Ypsilanti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
A semi-tractor trailer has just hit the overpass on I-94 EB at Huron Street at Exit #183. The trailer has lost its load from Huron Street east for at least 400 meters to the Huron River. Also, the overpass may have been heavily damaged, and the truck is leaking fuel.

73s

Ron

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
The semi-truck was carrying a full-load of eggs. The eggs have now frozen all over the freeway and is presenting a real dilemma on how to remove them. I-94 EB remains closed at this time.

Josh

A truck full of eggs can constitute an over-height load?

I think if they were stacked that high, something would be cracked... which leads me to hope the bridge didn't get damaged by a bunch of eggs... any pics? I should check the MDOT cams.

-Josh

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
A truck full of eggs can constitute an over-height load?

I think if they were stacked that high, something would be cracked... which leads me to hope the bridge didn't get damaged by a bunch of eggs... any pics? I should check the MDOT cams.

-Josh

The truck wasn't too high, it was a van trailer, the driver fell asleep went off the road hit the bridge support and tore the trailer open like a tin can, he is lucky he didn't get killed or kill someone else..I imagine he is looking for a new job now..We did get to take some eggs home though and gave some to the church and soup kitchens in the area..

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
ya LOL, but there were quite alot of cases of eggs that were undamaged..

Status
Not open for further replies.