ProScan: I give up, Does this program make any sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asuka2222

Banned
Banned
Firstly it's not Signed, so you get the Installation error, try explaining that to someone who is installing the Free Client.

Nothing conforms to normal apps in how you cut/paste move around.

Rude responses from the designer of the app, you only need to do a search for that.

It's a basket case that should have been shut down long well past it's prime.

Seriously, If I paid a Programmer and they delivered this, they would be catching the next taxi out the door.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Most of us are well aware that Proscan is the very best value and performance out there for programming, unprecedented support from the author, and many other features such as remote monitoring and control. Sounds like you're not very used to learning curves with scanners and software. Please don't mistake those shortcomings for badly written or performing software.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
Never had any issues with the software whatsoever. When I have needed guidance I have gotten it from both the author of the software or others here. I have used a lot of radio programming software and Proscan is right there at the top of the list. If I were you, I'd keep screaming and whining because that will certainly fix your problem, sheesh.

htidliam

I love the program it’s a great idea, however it’s not well written.

I can’t get any of my clients to stay connected to my server for longer than 5 mins before it disconnects, it’s unusable in my eyes for this reason.
I purchased this software so I can just use my laptop freely around my house whilst connected to my uniden scanner in the loft. It’s fantastic when it works but I’ve tried everything.

Server in the loft - tried my pc, 2 x laptops and a mini pc, wired, wireless, tried different ports

clients, tried a pc, 2x laptops wired and wireless

constant dropouts with code 4 and code 9

this is all internal on my lan, but I’ve port forward to test externally with a client and it’s still the same.

poor support too

daddyjohn

I've tried it and it was not compatible with my windows 10 computer. I followed all the steps outlined and it seems like it is some sort of driver issue on my end. Not everybody can get it to work but when it works they say it works good.

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I love the program it’s a great idea, however it’s not well written.

I can’t get any of my clients to stay connected to my server for longer than 5 mins before it disconnects, it’s unusable in my eyes for this reason.
I purchased this software so I can just use my laptop freely around my house whilst connected to my uniden scanner in the loft. It’s fantastic when it works but I’ve tried everything.

Server in the loft - tried my pc, 2 x laptops and a mini pc, wired, wireless, tried different ports

clients, tried a pc, 2x laptops wired and wireless

constant dropouts with code 4 and code 9

this is all internal on my lan, but I’ve port forward to test externally with a client and it’s still the same.-
Definitely sounds like network configuration errors or some other factors on your end such as anti-virus software, firewalls, etc. rather than Proscan. Lots of folks have been using it for just that purpose for many years without problems.

We all download the software from the same source on the Proscan website, how is it that only a very few people such as yourself get a poorly written copy?

When random errors appear for a small percentage of users, Bob from Proscan works with those folks tirelessly to get them up and running. (At least those folks that are interested in actually finding out where their problems are, rather than trashing the software and it's author right out of the gate.)

poor support too
-A completely false and baseless statement that couldn't be any further from the actual truth. You might find that out for yourself if you would reach out to him as he has suggested to do many times on the forums, rather than assume that it's a poorly written program and trash his very successful and highly regarded program in the forums.

In case you have missed the many times he has advised on how to get help directly from him, you can read it here:

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Really odd, I've used ProScan for years with different versions of Windows. If there ever was a problem BOB would work with me to get it fixed. Of course rude or inconsiderate people who have no patience or understanding may rant and cry about stuff.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I've tried it and it was not compatible with my windows 10 computer. I followed all the steps outlined and it seems like it is some sort of driver issue on my end. Not everybody can get it to work but when it works they say it works good.
ProScan is fully compatible with Win 10. I never heard that it doesn't work with Win 10. Is that a USB serial port driver issue? I or we can assist on getting that working? What type of scanner?

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I notice that the OP is from the land down under. I think Aussie scanners and US scanners are different. Perhaps some things were lost in the long distance it traveled to make it to his computer. If that's the case, I'd try again

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

Server in the loft - tried my pc, 2 x laptops and a mini pc, wired, wireless, tried different ports clients, tried a pc, 2x laptops wired and wireless
constant dropouts with code 4 and code 9. this is all internal on my lan, but I’ve port forward to test externally with a client and it’s still the same.

poor support too
You posted this in another thread and I replied with possible reasons. I didn't receive feedback. Go figure.

Last edited:

skate2ice

Premium Subscriber
Firstly it's not Signed, so you get the Installation error, try explaining that to someone who is installing the Free Client.

Nothing conforms to normal apps in how you cut/paste move around.

Rude responses from the designer of the app, you only need to do a search for that.

It's a basket case that should have been shut down long well past it's prime.

Seriously, If I paid a Programmer and they delivered this, they would be catching the next taxi out the door.
Never had a problem. Works great for me.

daddyjohn

ProScan is fully compatible with Win 10. I never heard that it doesn't work with Win 10. Is that a USB serial port driver issue? I or we can assist on getting that working? What type of scanner?
[/

There are 2 options that I would use the Proscan software for and that is using the virtual display and log when using that and using the database/favorites editor. I could use the virtual display just fine with no issues but could never get the editor to recognize my bcd436hp. I tried several options that you had mentioned to others and I could never get it to recognize it. I was and still am using butel software for all my scanners and it does exactly what I need it to and it has always worked for me, no issues. I appreciate your offer to help but I'll stick with butel.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
There are 2 options that I would use the Proscan software for and that is using the virtual display and log when using that and using the database/favorites editor. I could use the virtual display just fine with no issues but could never get the editor to recognize my bcd436hp. I tried several options that you had mentioned to others and I could never get it to recognize it. I was and still am using butel software for all my scanners and it does exactly what I need it to and it has always worked for me, no issues. I appreciate your offer to help but I'll stick with butel.
I guess you don't want to help to improve ProScan. If you send an email, I can send you a test copy to see what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.