I must be missing something

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrequenC

I cannot seem to download the files from the database into my PSR-500, it says I dont have a premium subscription because I have to have the scanner offline to free up the com port. When I have the feed online it allows me to access the database which locks com port 3, its a catch 22 it seems. I was thrilled to get the psr-500 today and was looking forward to getting it up and running. I have been at it now for 6 hours and I am to the point that I am about to send the radio back. Could someone point me to a specific reference, I have looked at usb cables, connector cables, I cannot find info on what mode the radio has to be in to recieve the frequencies from the database. I would appreciate any asistance you may give. I have tried both PSR Edit and Win500 with the same results.

N8IAA

Nothing wrong with the radio, USB port, or software. You must purchase a premium subscription on Radio Reference to be able to use the import function of the software. You will also have access to other areas on RR that you don't have as a non-paying member. The scanner doesn't have a mode to upload the info from the software. The reason you didn't get any info imported from RR is that you have to be a premium subscriber. Click on the blue link to the right of my avatar and member name. The one that shows Premium subscriber. It will take you to all the info that you will need to join radio reference:)
Larry

Last edited:

FrequenC

Feed provider Premium Subscription

I get the feed provider and premium membership icons on my page when the scanner is online, when I go off line to program the scanner it states that I do not have a premium subscription thus preventing access to the database because com port is tied up with broadcasting. As long as I am online I am premium, when I am off line it states that I dont have a subscription, perhaps I am not explaining this correctly in my post.

N8IAA

I get the feed provider and premium membership icons on my page when the scanner is online, when I go off line to program the scanner it states that I do not have a premium subscription thus preventing access to the database because com port is tied up with broadcasting. As long as I am online I am premium, when I am off line it states that I dont have a subscription, perhaps I am not explaining this correctly in my post.

It sounds like you need to talk to the administrator for feeds to find out what to do. I understand what you are saying now:) Can't help with that problem.
Larry

rmiller818

As I recall, that is how it is setup for free premium membership for feed providers. Whenever your feed is online you have premium membership. Whenever it is down then you do not have premium access until your feed is back online.

DonS

You shouldn't have to take the feed offline to download from RR. However, you probably will have to take the feed down in order to actually send that new data to the scanner.

Here's a presumed sequence of steps:
1. Make sure feed is up, so you have RR premium membership
2. Download data from RR
3. Modify downloaded data to suit your preferences
4. Stop feed (i.e. make the serial port available)
5. Send new data to scanner
6. Start feed

Status
Not open for further replies.