I need Help Programming 101! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex_mdv

I just got a BCD396T and can't figure it out i want to monitor police ambulance and fire , can some one help me?

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I just got a BCD396T and can't figure it out i want to monitor police ambulance and fire , can some one help me?

Hi Alex.
Please be more specific as to what you want to listen to.

Without that info, noone can help.

alex_mdv

i live in mississauga and want to trunk track police, fire and ambulance. i hear them in the 800mhz but i dont think iam tracking the full conversation. ?? peel police is my main focus right now. p.s thanks for helping me. :)!

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I dont scan Mississauga PD FDP but do I scan the EMS on Mississaugas tower.
Do you use software to program?
If not I suggest downloading a version of ARC software for the 396.
Click on the link for ARC 396 Base or pro software

http://www.butel.nl/

Then PM me or perhaps another member of the site has what you are looking for.

Eric

alex_mdv

what will the softwear do for me??? will it already have mississauga police, fire and ambulance frequencies loaded for me?

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Idel Monitor-While I dont blame you for being frustrated you are one crabby person lately.
Did you get smacked down by others on here? Whats your frustration?

Ask for the cable. I think there is a USB port cable that will work.
IIRC it is available at Tiger Direct?
Someone on here will pipe in and let you know what it is and where to get it.

If you were to get the cable I can send you some files, yes with the info or there already and working.
That said, it is easy to make files. If you can cut and paste to excel it is the same thing almost.

Idle-Monitor has a point though. There are plenty of database pages on this site and you can program your local tower by hand using the instructions for the 396.
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17856

Your tower for Mississauga is 009 Britannia 09BRIT (

Punch in the frequencies in red and blue.
The talkgroups for Mississauga EMS are listing under Mississauga CACC.

35744 8ba A MIS CACC CACC EMS Dispatch
35760 8bb A MIS NORTH Peel North EMS Dispatch
35776 8bc A MIS SOUTH Peel South EMS Dispatch
35792 8bd A MIS HALTON Halton EMS Dispatch
35808 8be A MIS TAC 1 Tactical 1 EMS-Tac
35824 8bf A MIS TAC 2 Tactical 2 EMS-Tac
35840 8c0 A MIS TAC 3 Tactical 3 EMS-Tac
35856 8c1 A MIS TAC 4 Tactical 4 EMS-Tac
35872 8c2 A MIS TAC 5 Tactical 5 EMS-Tac
35888 8c3 A MIS SPARE Spare EMS Dispatch
37504 928 A MIS TAC 6 Tactical 6 EMS-Tac

Mississauga City EMS is on 35776 Peel South
Bramton and points north are on 35760 Peel North

You can hear the various OPP jurisdictions

8656 21d D 1OPS38 Aurora 5Bravo (5A GHQ units, 5X/5W Highway Rangers, 5L 407 units) Law Dispatch
8672 21e D 1OPS39 Burlington 5Charlie Law Dispatch
8704 220 D 1OPS41 Cambridge 5Echo Law Dispatch
8720 221 D 1OPS42 Downsview 5Foxtrot Law Dispatch
8736 222 D 1OPS43 Niagara 5Golf Law Dispatch
8752 223 D 1OPS44 Port Credit 5India Law Dispatch
8768 224 D 1OPS45 Whitby 5Kilo Law Dispatch
8784 225 D 1OPS46 Spare (Future Use) Law Dispatch
8800 226 D 1OPS47 Spare (Future Use) Law Dispatch
8816 227 D 1OPS48 Spare (Future Use) Law Dispatch
8832 228 D 1OPS49 Spare (Future Use) Law Dispatch

You will hear action for your area on 8752 and 8704. 407 stuff is on 8656.

You can find this info here.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=861

Eric

Last edited:

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
No, I haven't, I think I might just stop replying to some posts on here though, while I realize some people are new, and we've all been there before, it really isn't that hard of a concept to find the database here, and it's not that hard for people to do a bit of research here and it's not that hard for people to reread the thread that they've started.

Lately people have been coming here hoping that the information is gonna be just handed to them, we provide the links, we provide the direction, and they still fail to see it in front of them.

I'm the same way with a friend of mine, who's in the process of getting back into the scanning scene, we used to own radios back when you just simply entered the frequency hit enter and boom you heard what ya wanted, while I have given him all the direction and the links for him to read through, some people are just simply lazy. I'm gonna end up just programming the radio for him with free software and he'll be on his marry way..

I've been in this boat before, being a newbie, especially to the world of digital, but I took it with patience and learned the ins and outs of frequencies, systems, digital, analog etc....etc....etc...., it's simple read the info that people provide for you, and a person will eventually find the answers on there own. I will admit, I'm not one for reading manuals etc...but I will little by little, but I'm more apt to just dig right in, get me to the info, and I'll build it on my own, or just simply learn it on my own, after a few questions have been answered.

I mean no ill will towards people on here, but I just find some people are just coming in here wayyyyyy too lazy that's all.

Idel Monitor-While I dont blame you for being frustrated you are one crabby person lately.
Did you get smacked down by others on here? Whats your frustration?

Eric

Last edited:

Highpockets

what will the softwear do for me??? will it already have mississauga police, fire and ambulance frequencies loaded for me?

I've read this thread from the start, take 2 steps back, first of all, being new I'm sure this is all Greek to you. We've all been there. You can program the scanner by hand, what you will do in 2 days, you can do in half the time with software, not importing from here, I mean entering the info into the software. Download one of the software packages, install it, run it, maybe after you see what's involved with the software, you'll understand why it's easier using it, rather than enter the info by hand. Links have been provided for you to learn, and find frequency info, take your time, fool with it, then if you see it's not bad, by the programing cable, and upload the info you entered into the program to your scanner. Then in the future if you want to make changes, edit, add or whatever, the program will have that file to work on. Your not going to learn that scanner in 1 day. After all that, then the questions you have, when posted here will make sense, and answers will follow. Also, knowing where you live is usually the first question all members here usually get, most assume we know where they live. Hang in there, read, read, fool and it will come to you, in time. Good Luck.. :)

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
No, I haven't, I think I might just stop replying to some posts on here though, while I realize some people are new, and we've all been there before, it really isn't that hard of a concept to find the database here, and it's not that hard for people to do a bit of research here and it's not that hard for people to reread the thread that they've started.

Lately people have been coming here hoping that the information is gonna be just handed to them, we provide the links, we provide the direction, and they still fail to see it in front of them.

I'm the same way with a friend of mine, who's in the process of getting back into the scanning scene, we used to own radios back when you just simply entered the frequency hit enter and boom you heard what ya wanted, while I have given him all the direction and the links for him to read through, some people are just simply lazy. I'm gonna end up just programming the radio for him with free software and he'll be on his marry way..

I've been in this boat before, being a newbie, especially to the world of digital, but I took it with patience and learned the ins and outs of frequencies, systems, digital, analog etc....etc....etc...., it's simple read the info that people provide for you, and a person will eventually find the answers on there own. I will admit, I'm not one for reading manuals etc...but I will little by little, but I'm more apt to just dig right in, get me to the info, and I'll build it on my own, or just simply learn it on my own, after a few questions have been answered.

I mean no ill will towards people on here, but I just find some people are just coming in here wayyyyyy too lazy that's all.

In many ways I agree with you that people seem lazy. What I think you are forgetting is:

Some people get it right away, they can go from the second they turn on the scanner.
Some people like me need help.

Were you ever a newbie?
I remain grateful to many people on here when they gave me files when I first bought a digital scanner, the 296D. I had no idea how to program it and my software code for butel wasnt working.
Many people spent hours on the phone and built files for me to get me started.
The way I can give back is to help people out on here also.

When I first got my 246 I loaded up files from the Yahoo group Steve ownes. That way I was able to look how the files were concocted i.e. and made adjustments on my own and eventually new files. I found it helpful for a starting point.

Last edited:

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
The 246T was my first computer programmed type radio I've ever used, like you say, some people get and some don't right away. We try though...

In many ways I agree with you that people seem lazy. What I think you are forgetting is:

When I first got my 246 I loaded up files from the Yahoo group Steve ownes. That way I was able to look how the files were concocted i.e. and made adjustments on my own and eventually new files. I found it helpful for a starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.