I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sman1275

I just got an old Regency Whamo 10 scanner and I have no idea on how to program the combes for the correct frquencys that I need. Anyone have any info?

mule1075

Feed Provider
nope the link is right.look half way down the page for the vintage scanner codes paragraph.their is a link to the scanprog zip.nice little program i used it for my bearcat 101.

CanesFan95

rdale said:
Google can be your friend...
Way to welcome the new poster. Because this isn't a radio forum or anything. :roll:

Maybe s/he found this forum on Google. I would have just posted the link without the Google thing.

KJ4FWA

fineshot1 said:
I dont see how that link will help him. Per the author thats for:
Programming the Radio Shack PRO-64/2041
Programming the Radio Shack PRO-92/2067

Did I miss something or did you just paste the wrong link?

on the page

" Vintage Scanner Codes - Scanprog, by Bill Petrowsky, generates frequency codes for the following vintage scanners: Bearcat 101, Realistic COMP-100, Regency ACT-W10 (Whamo 10), Sears 5 Band Cardomatic, Tennelec MS-1 (and MS-2), and SBE Optiscan. The Optiscan portion of the program is courtesy of Gary Jacek. Instructions and a screen capture program (to save your results) included in the zip file. "

fineshot1

chedderhead said:
on the page

" Vintage Scanner Codes - Scanprog, by Bill Petrowsky, generates frequency codes for the following vintage scanners: Bearcat 101, Realistic COMP-100, Regency ACT-W10 (Whamo 10), Sears 5 Band Cardomatic, Tennelec MS-1 (and MS-2), and SBE Optiscan. The Optiscan portion of the program is courtesy of Gary Jacek. Instructions and a screen capture program (to save your results) included in the zip file. "

Thanks I got it. I guess you did not read mule1075's post.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Homeboys-Scanna said:
Way to welcome the new poster. Because this isn't a radio forum or anything. :roll:

NEVER post a request for information on a forum without doing a most basic of search... Bad etiquette.

Had he said "I've been searching everywhere, and just can't find the info" then that's another story. But most newbies are simply "Hey, help me, I don't know what to do." Which is fine, but to get upset because I suggested he hit Google for searches in the future -- not sure I understand.

CanesFan95

rdale said:
NEVER post a request for information on a forum without doing a most basic of search... Bad etiquette.
Says who?

rdale said:
Had he said "I've been searching everywhere, and just can't find the info" then that's another story. But most newbies are simply "Hey, help me, I don't know what to do." Which is fine, but to get upset because I suggested he hit Google for searches in the future -- not sure I understand.
I'm not upset.

sman1275

Thanks to all for your help. I found what I needed and got it working just fine. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.