R8600 IC-R8600 - Service Manual

G0AIN

Hi folks,

Anyone know how to get hold of a Service Manual for the radio?
Slightly deeper question - does it describe how to change region settings?

Regards

Steve

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
IC-R8600 service manual in PDF format: IC-R8600 service manual
Thank you Bob!

Folks for those of you that don't know we have a celebrity here on RR! Parnass is the "Bob Parnass" of Bob Grove's Monitoring Times Magazine fame! I think I speak for thousands of us here on RR when I say we miss having you around and all your good advice and interesting reviews and articles related to our radio hobby. You could have published your own magazine or website and called it Mentoring Times! Thanks for stopping by, we miss you! Hope you are doing well!!! :)

prcguy

Thank you Bob!

Folks for those of you that don't know we have a celebrity here on RR! Parnass is the "Bob Parnass" of Bob Grove's Monitoring Times Magazine fame! I think I speak for thousands of us here on RR when I say we miss having you around and all your good advice and interesting reviews and articles related to our radio hobby. You could have published your own magazine or website and called it Mentoring Times! Thanks for stopping by, we miss you! Hope you are doing well!!! :)
Wow, good to know. I hear there are other ex Monitoring Times folks lurking on RR.

ArloG

To answer the OP's question about region modifications. I believe hinting to opening it up for dc>daylight operation.
Nope. It's considered a scanning receiver by the FCC and such if approved for use in the USA and is in fact a USA model.
All bands specified in the ruling must be inaccessible by the end user.
I see modifications for regional modifications are being posted for the IC-7300. But it's not a scanning receiver.

Attachments

• IC-R8600 Attestation Statements Scanning Receiver Attestation ICOM orporated.png
    IC-R8600 Attestation Statements Scanning Receiver Attestation ICOM orporated.png
    472.2 KB · Views: 5

parnass

AJ9S
Thank you Bob!

Thanks for the kind words!