• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ICOM F80DT Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larryfire26

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know how to program P25 conventional in this radio?

Need it for ham radio use and for just monitoring a local fd channel

Can this be combined with standard amateur channels?

Thanks to all in advance

N2DLX

Premium Subscriber
You can have analog channels and P25 channels in the same radio and in the same zone.

Under the Model menu, select Portable LMR (P25 Conventional).

Under the Memory CH folder, click on a Zone you want to add channels to. You'll see a grid come up.

Enter your RX and TX frequencies.

Under CH Type, select Analog, Digital, or Mixed. If Digital was selected, you can edit the NAC codes for the P25 system you want to program.

That should get you started, let me know if you need additional help.

N2DLX

Premium Subscriber
If the software doesn't show "MDC" in the list of "folders" on the left, you may need to upgrade the firmware in the radio to the latest version.

To find out the firmware version in the radio, click Clone at the top of the window, then click Information. Do this with the radio turned on and hooked up to the computer, and it'll read some information from the radio.

The latest digital firmware for the F80 is 2.5, the latest analog firmware is 2.6.

Let me know if you need a firmware update.

Larryfire26

Premium Subscriber
Yes I need the firmware update!
is it possible to email?

Thank you

I also have a f40gt which i would lve to use mdc1200 and that need a firmware as well

Thank you

larry
W2LGB

N2DLX

Premium Subscriber
I don't think the F40's support MDC1200. I don't know of any new firmware for them.

Check your PMs.

ICOMAN

Hi All,
I have a similar problem with several IC-F80DS radio`s which have come into my hands for P25 encryption programming from my Emergency K9 Support Team.

As I am more familiar with analog programming of Icom radio`s I am somewhat in the dark with regards programming these Digital Encryption sets. I have been in touch with Icom direct who have been anything but helpful so I am somewhat at a loss as to what to do next as the K9 team needs these secure speech radios pronto!

I can confirm that I have tried both CS-F70/D7100 v2.0 and CS-F70/F7100 v2.2 programming software, but I am unable to programme the P25 encryption into the radio`s. A check of all (8) IC-F80DS radio`s I have here for programme shows up the following details:-

Activation code:- (code is visible)
LMR (P25 Conventional)
MDC capable.
Revision....2.6
Sum.........A134
Option......P25 Rev 2.5

The only advice which Icom gave me was that my firmware is probably out of date & my firmware needs to be updated suggesting that I contact my supplier / Dealer to aquire this. Unfortunately I did just that & they in return told me that I have to get this from Icom......Ahhhhhh!!

Can anyone please give me any advice on this subject & if possible let me know where I can get the required update for my current firmware. I would be extremely grateful for any help.

Have also tried two versions of Icom ADJ software which I have here, but neither of them recognise the radio`s. The versions are ADJ Rev 1.1 and ADJ Rev 2.0 Do you happen to know if there is one available which will work with my software version?

Thanks, STEVE (Icoman)

Last edited:

iamhere300

Hi All,
I have a similar problem with several IC-F80DS radio`s which have come into my hands for P25 encryption programming from my Emergency K9 Support Team.

As I am more familiar with analog programming of Icom radio`s I am somewhat in the dark with regards programming these Digital Encryption sets. I have been in touch with Icom direct who have been anything but helpful so I am somewhat at a loss as to what to do next as the K9 team needs these secure speech radios pronto!

I can confirm that I have tried both CS-F70/D7100 v2.0 and CS-F70/F7100 v2.2 programming software, but I am unable to programme the P25 encryption into the radio`s. A check of all (8) IC-F80DS radio`s I have here for programme shows up the following details:-

Activation code:- (code is visible)
LMR (P25 Conventional)
MDC capable.
Revision....2.6
Sum.........A134
Option......P25 Rev 2.5

The only advice which Icom gave me was that my firmware is probably out of date & my firmware needs to be updated suggesting that I contact my supplier / Dealer to aquire this. Unfortunately I did just that & they in return told me that I have to get this from Icom......Ahhhhhh!!

Can anyone please give me any advice on this subject & if possible let me know where I can get the required update for my current firmware. I would be extremely grateful for any help.

Have also tried two versions of Icom ADJ software which I have here, but neither of them recognise the radio`s. The versions are ADJ Rev 1.1 and ADJ Rev 2.0 Do you happen to know if there is one available which will work with my software version?

Thanks, STEVE (Icoman)

Steve,

If this is how you dealt with Icom, I can understand why you feel that they are being less than helpful - you seem to have a problem listening to what is told to you.

You MUST have the encryption enabled. You do not do this in your programming software. It is done via a firmware update, specifically to that serial number of your radio. YOU cannot do this. It must go to a real Icom dealer, who will get it taken care of. No, really. There is no
software out there on the web to do this. This is how it has to happen. Really.

THEN, you must have the Motorola KVL keyloader, and the appropiate cable to enable the encryption.

Then, and only then, your dogs can talk to each other with encryption.

Hijack a few more threads and ask the same thing - the answer will always be the same however. You have been offered help, you just don't seem to like what you are hearing.

Last edited:

ICOMAN

Steve,

If this is how you dealt with Icom, I can understand why you feel that they are being less than helpful - you seem to have a problem listening to what is told to you.

You MUST have the encryption enabled. You do not do this in your programming software. It is done via a firmware update, specifically to that serial number of your radio. YOU cannot do this. It must go to a real Icom dealer, who will get it taken care of. No, really. There is no
software out there on the web to do this. This is how it has to happen. Really.

THEN, you must have the Motorola KVL keyloader, and the appropiate cable to enable the encryption.

Then, and only then, your dogs can talk to each other with encryption.

Hijack a few more threads and ask the same thing - the answer will always be the same however. You have been offered help, you just don't seem to like what you are hearing.
Dear IAMHERE300. Your comments & other were noted & YES I do take on board what advice is given & I am sorry that you have taken this negative atitude.

I have at no time run down ICOM themselves & may I add that I worked with them here in the u.k. for several years back in the mid 90`s!!

This subject is now closed as I have since given the sets back to the K9 owners so that they can bin them or do as they please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.