Icom PCR 2500 IF Output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb1ipd

Hello.

Sorry if this has already been addressed (I haven't been able to find it if it has).

Does anyone know if the icom PCR 2500 can be modded with an IF output of a standard frequency, such as 10.7 Mhz or 70 Mhz. I know that the radio has a lot of internal features, but I'd be interested in possibly connecting it to some other decoders or displays that take an IF input.

Thanx
Steve

r00t

Hi,

There should be 10.7Mhz output (or other IF freq) on P25 option connector. This is probably best option where to tap it, because you don't need to open RF shield of receiver. It will be great if someone with P25 module can probe pins on the board with scope/analyzer. I found pinout of DV connector, but P25 uses different signals and different pinout.
Another option is to open RF-RX module and tap 10.7Mhz before WFM demodulator. Someone on this forum did this and as I know, it worked.

r00t

Ubbe

r00t said:
There should be 10.7Mhz output (or other IF freq) on P25 option connector.

Why should there be an IF signal to a P25 decoder? To my knowledge all decoders use a discriminator type of signal. A P25 connector would be excellent to use as a discriminator out connection to a PC for external decoding purposes.

Ubbe.

r00t

Ubbe said:
Why should there be an IF signal to a P25 decoder? To my knowledge all decoders use a discriminator type of signal. A P25 connector would be excellent to use as a discriminator out connection to a PC for external decoding purposes.

Ubbe.

P25 use CQPSK modulation as I know and it's impossible to decode it from discriminator signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.