ID 2096

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
From what I was told it's an EMS secondary channel so they will still probably use 6 first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wtp

not for the main page

WHAT DO YOU MEAN? YOU TURN THE RADIO OFF ??

yes i would yell that.
mine are used like muzak around the house.
the wife sleeps with hers on.
the tones get your attention.
ok carry on.
todd

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
WHAT DO YOU MEAN? YOU TURN THE RADIO OFF ??

yes i would yell that.
mine are used like muzak around the house.
the wife sleeps with hers on.
the tones get your attention.
ok carry on.
todd

Well I do wish you could use a station select to select the alert only for your desired station on a troubled system like you can use fire tone-outs on VHF. Then I could wake up like a firefighter in the middle of the night.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
To get this straight you are wanting to use a scanner to page firemen for EMERGENCIES. THIS is not a good idea to use a scanner for a pager. Not sure but that would put a large LIABILITY on your department that you do not want. Buy pagers made for alerting not a HOBBY SCANNER RECEIVER.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
To get this straight you are wanting to use a scanner to page firemen for EMERGENCIES. THIS is not a good idea to use a scanner for a pager. Not sure but that would put a large LIABILITY on your department that you do not want. Buy pagers made for alerting not a HOBBY SCANNER RECEIVER.

I DID NOT MEAN I WANT TO PAGE FIREFIGHTERS MYSELF. What I meant was, it'd be cool to be able to hear when a particular STATION gets a call as opposed to hearing every company being called out. I wish such things could be done on a TRS like you can do with Fire tone outs on VHF.

martidav

KI7VLV
Premium Subscriber
Well I do wish you could use a station select to select the alert only for your desired station on a troubled system like you can use fire tone-outs on VHF. Then I could wake up like a firefighter in the middle of the night.

Heh. There's a flip side to that coin...

I live near a busy Bellevue fire station so our household and neighborhood for that matter, is always in the know. Pre children, the hobby was to flip on Tac 1, go to the call if it was close to beat the news there, snap some photos, sell to KOMO, go home.

Nowadays, turning on the radio after sirens yields me a stern look of disapproval, and winds-up the kids. Trust me, it will get old after a while, as does any new and shiny item.

I get more of a kick listening to city road maint. during storms. The banter is amusing.

Last edited:

martidav

KI7VLV
Premium Subscriber

Your other option is to write yourself a keyword search app to monitor Real-Time 911 for your fav station/equipment.

which would alert you via email or phone.

Or a language processor/Siri app to monitor the automated dispatch TG for your desired station or equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.