ID Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilhelm1234

Is the ID number that appears when a station is transmitting listed anywhere on a database page.... knowing who these numbers belong to would be very useful when setting up a group rather than being forced to listen to multiple channels waiting to write them down..radio reference lists departments but not those ID numbers

JANFINE

Premium Subscriber
You are probably talking about RIDS or (UIDS). No they are not listed in Radioreference Database.
The numbers you see listed are not departments but Talkgroups.
Departments would be Police, Fire, Government, and so forth.
You can list all talkgroups on a system in order or view them under their Department listings.

Wilhelm1234

Thanks....sure was a lot easier before when individual stations could be turned off/on before uploading

u2brent

OAMPT
What, If I may ask? Are you trying to program? Radio, System?
You can L/O or Avoid TG's you don't want to hear/monitor.

Once you have a Favorite/Scan List set up. The settings will remain fixed.

Wilhelm1234

Yes...I know I can do that but very time consuming....I have entered the 5 IDs I want into a talk group to scan... unfortunately I will not have the secondary channels should they go to them

u2brent

OAMPT
I'm not sure I'm following you exactly? The Numbers you see; Should have name tags (Provided they were submitted) in the RR DB. Since I don't know where you are or what specific system your referring too.. But if you find your county's DB page (Or statewide) and go all the way to the bottom, There are links to your areas trunked systems. If you find the right one and click the link.. You should see TG numbers and descriptions to the right of each one. :)

u2brent

OAMPT
After some thought.. Perhaps you have the system option set to ID Search. If that were the case, you'd be seeing those pesky numbers with no tags popping up, along with the five you wanted. If so, Try ID Scan mode. Then the only things you'll see/hear are the five you want.. :unsure: (ID Search=Also known as TG wildcards, to some.)

Status
Not open for further replies.