ID Tracker III - V1.9.3 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

K3HY

Premium Subscriber
On the settings, you can set IDTracker to sound an alert for prioity or unidentified etc.
The IDTracker's alert sound works great, utilizing the "I" or "P" checkboxes by the "group" talkgroup ID's.
However, the alert sound utilizing the "I" or "P" checkboxes does not work with "private" talkgroup ID's.
Setting the "ID limits" only works with "group" talkgroups, but not "private" talkgroups.
Is there a way to get IDTracker to recognize "private" talkgroups for these purposes?

Great software
Thanks again.

brscanning

On the settings, you can set IDTracker to sound an alert for prioity or unidentified etc.
The IDTracker's alert sound works great, utilizing the "I" or "P" checkboxes by the "group" talkgroup ID's.
However, the alert sound utilizing the "I" or "P" checkboxes does not work with "private" talkgroup ID's.
Setting the "ID limits" only works with "group" talkgroups, but not "private" talkgroups.
Is there a way to get IDTracker to recognize "private" talkgroups for these purposes?

Great software
Thanks again.

I can look into this. If I understand you, you want a new alert for private talkgroups? Or are you talking about private talkgroups that are flagged as identified or priority?

brscanning

Will ID Tracker ever work with the GRE-800?

I would not mind supporting that scanner but there are 2 issues with that.

1. I do not own or have access to a GRE-800 at this time.

2. To support the other GRE scanners I had to sign a non-disclosure agreement with GRE to get a copy of the protocol. This took time and effort. GRE is not as open as Uniden with their protocols.

I am not saying that I will never support the GRE-800, but right now it is not in the plans. Since I do not charge for the software, buying a new scanner just to support it is not in my best financial interest. I have a place for donations on the web site but the actual donations so far are not even close to buying a new scanner. This is not a plea for donations, just the facts. I write the software as a hobby and anything else is lagniappe.

BTW, I really do appreciate those who have donated so far.

Last edited:

K3HY

Premium Subscriber
I can look into this. If I understand you, you want a new alert for private talkgroups? Or are you talking about private talkgroups that are flagged as identified or priority?

Yes that's it exactly.
The several private type talkgroups I have programmed are listed just fine.
But, flagging the priority or identified checkboxes doesn't alert like the group type talkgroups.

The PRO-197 radio itself does have the capability to alert on private talkgroups using the other software, WIN500, PSR500edit, ARC500 etc.

IDTracker does a lot of things that the other "Big 3" can't, so I am confident the identifed/priority checkboxs can be made to work like all the group type talkgroups do.

Thanks

brscanning

Yes that's it exactly.
The several private type talkgroups I have programmed are listed just fine.
But, flagging the priority or identified checkboxes doesn't alert like the group type talkgroups.

The PRO-197 radio itself does have the capability to alert on private talkgroups using the other software, WIN500, PSR500edit, ARC500 etc.

IDTracker does a lot of things that the other "Big 3" can't, so I am confident the identifed/priority checkboxs can be made to work like all the group type talkgroups do.

Thanks

Could please email me at my callsign @bellsouth.net?

K3HY

Premium Subscriber
Could please email me at my callsign @bellsouth.net?

Never mind.

For example: I would see UID: 179 indicated on IDTracker.
I would then program 179 as a private talkgroup in the radio itself.
After that, when using IDTracker when that unit transmits, there is no longer any UID: indicated for that unit as it was working before being programmed as a private talkgroup.
So, even though that newly programmed ID is listed in the System Settings IDs / Frequencies list, it doesn't show up when transmitting, on the Main display or the Scanner Control display of IDTracker, as it did before I programmed that ID as programmed as a private talkgroup.

So, it must be a lot more going on as far as not recognizing the private group, than just not recognizing the flags checked for identified or priority.

Other than not indicating programmed private groups when they transmit, everything else works great.

That's a small problem, not even worth looking into anymore, I think.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.