i'm clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballard

my grandparents have a scanner and do not have access to the internet. something happen to their scanner my grandpa talked to a lady at the local radio shack and she told him to go to this website (radioreference.com) and click on codes and his county. i have no clue about any of this and would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me.

Mick

Right here at RR you can go to the home page and click on the left side of the home page under Radio Features then click on "RR Database" then click your state on the map, or click a lower down for "Your state name" then clickthe same for "Your county name" to see the info for your area.

You can also click on "Forums" under the left side of the home page under Radio Features for your state to ask specific questions.

JnglMassiv

granpa's state is nc his county is catawba
Here's the database link for that county:
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1904
[Happily beaten to it, I see]

So, using that list, you may select your radio channels you wish to monitor. Then, step through the scanner to find which channels are already programmed and which are not.

What kind of scanner are we talking about, anyway?

Common problem: a desired channel is accidentally locked-out from the scan list. If this occurs, you'll not be able to hear that locked out channel when scanning, only during a manual channel select.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
granpa's state is nc his county is catawba

Catawba County is easy to monitor on even an older scanner since they are all conventional VHF (except Hickory Police).

Let us know what model scanner it is and there we should be able to assist you in getting things working again. There are at least two forums members in Catawba County, and I am not too far away either.

Status
Not open for further replies.