Indiana Safe-T--Porter County--Portage Fire--Chesterton--Porter--Burns Harbor--Ogden Dunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin906

Premium Subscriber
Have the SDS-100 setup--receiving just about all relevant traffic on surrounding counties--LaPorte, Newton, Jasper, Lake (it's own system) but have yet to hear any of the above mentioned Porter County services. I have heard some traffic on the Porter County Police Dispatch North but they don't identify what department--very casual sounding transmissions---don't sound like law enforcement. I have Porter and Lake County simulcast and Valparaiso frequencies set up and all have traffic but none of the north county jurisdictions. Unless they are encrypted or have yet to move from VHF--I hear nothing on their old VHF freqs. I am in central Porter county. I understand that Portage PD is encrypted. Thanks for any info.

Sdowns46360

Premium Subscriber
They are mostly still VHF, But like you stated Porter Co North disp and the OPS is active. I have heard some fire dept activity on the FG talk groups. I have heard sporadic traffic on the 64-common talk group. And also had hits for Portage PD talk groups but no audio as they are encrypted. Seems Porter co sheriff still VHF as well as the surrounding communities like Valparaiso.

Status
Not open for further replies.