Indiana Trunked Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

philkoz

Premium Subscriber
HI everyone. I hate to be that guy that asks questions before looking thru hours of forum topics, but I will be in the Indy area tomorrow for several days. Checking my scanner against the RR database, I see my radio needs some quick re-programming. I see here is now an Indiana Dept of Public Safety. What system or systems do I need for the Indy Metro area, mainly FD/PD ?

Thanks...
Phil

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
For surrounding counties of Hamilton system 3 for Madison system 4 for all else SAFE-T P25

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

philkoz

Premium Subscriber
Ok, so if I'm understanding you correctly, the IDPS System with it's 4 sites will get me PD/FD Marion, Hamilton & Madison ? I am confused because I'm seeing talkgroups for ISP on both the SAFE-T (Motorola) and the SAFE-T (P25) systems. So everyone in that area is on the IDPS system except for the ISP ? Am I even close ?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Marion. Hamilton. Madison IDPS. Everyone else is SAFE-T p25

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Marion, Hamilton, and Madison Counties are using different sites in the Indianapolis Department of Public Safety system:
Indianapolis Department Of Public Safety Trunking System, Indianapolis, Indiana - Scanner Frequencies

State Police, all state agencies except Department of Corrections, and the other surrounding counties are using the Indiana Public Safety Communications system, aka SAFE-T P25:
Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T (P25) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

The older SAFE-T Motorola Type II system has been replaced with P25 in the southern and central parts of the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.