Indy 500 Scanner Set Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9GTJ

Here are my 2 scanners on the fence at Indy. I shoot semi-professionally and you can see what I do and what the wide view looks like...

Last edited:

swest90

Awesome pictures, you must have a great time out there! Someday I hope to make it out that way.. but until then I just dream.

diskmonger

I used to live in Indianapolis. Hanging out around the track during practices is almost more fun than the race itself.

Raycefrk

Very nice pictures. These cars are hard to photograph becouse they go so fast. Pooh look under the signature in the right hand corner of his pictures. Thats a nice web page.

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
How well does the audio come through when both scanners are receiving at the same time? I wanted to run 2 or 3 radios through the same amplified speaker by using a 3 way Y cable but wasnt sure how it would sound.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
JWhipple said:
How well does the audio come through when both scanners are receiving at the same time? I wanted to run 2 or 3 radios through the same amplified speaker by using a 3 way Y cable but wasnt sure how it would sound.

He more than likely has audio from one scanner coming through the left ear and the other through the right.

K9GTJ

The Pro-79 was mono and I used that for the IRL Radio Network. The Pro-95 was stereo and had the cars and IRL Race Control. It wasn't planned that way but worked out that way. (I used my Bose noise cancelling headphones by the way.)

Dubbin

Feed Provider
swest90 said:
Someday I hope to make it out that way.. but until then I just dream.

Don't even bother. I have been to both the Indy 500 and the Brickyard 400 and I must say that that track produces some really boring racing. The way they have it laid out only allows you to pretty much see what is going on right in front of you. Also the location of the track makes for some really horrid parking conditions. When I went to the 500 my parking was just fine because I had a special parking pass and parked right off turn 2 but for the 400 I had to park a couple miles down the road and walk in (carrying a full cooler). After the race you have to deal with thousands of people cramped up in a small area and then once you get through that jam you have major traffic to contend with. Needless to say I will never go back there again. I have been to many different tracks and none were even close to being as bad as Indy.

BTW kokomo that second picture is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.