Ineternational Space Station Radio Freqs. ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

saboken

Premium Subscriber
ISS Monitoring? Needed Equipment?

I feel like such a NOOB I have just started to rekindle this hobby haven't done much since the mid 80's :) to busy with work. My question is I have a Uniden BCD996P2 can I monitor any voice communication with my scanner? if so do I need and special equipment? such as the antenna? Filters? Decoders etc? any links on were to get info on setting up to monitor the ISS?

Thanks Saboken (Expert NOOB :) )

wtp

nothing special for me

my pro2001 has the original antenna set to about 16 inches and works fine.
my 396T has the radio shack 800 Mhz rubber on it and is ok also.
and to answer an earlier question i do not set the doppler freqs just the center ones.
just remember the packet is the most used and the sound only lasts about one second.
the advantage of multiple radios is that i can hold on one frequency and use another to hear the local stuff.

wd9ewk

I feel like such a NOOB I have just started to rekindle this hobby haven't done much since the mid 80's :) to busy with work. My question is I have a Uniden BCD996P2 can I monitor any voice communication with my scanner? if so do I need and special equipment? such as the antenna? Filters? Decoders etc? any links on were to get info on setting up to monitor the ISS?

Besides the packet/APRS (AX.25) digital traffic on 145.825 MHz and the occasional FM voice traffic on 145.800 MHz for scheduled contacts between the ISS and events on the ground, there are other non-ham frequencies that should be audible on different gear. Look at:

ISS Frequencies | ISS Fan Club

You can keep up on scheduled activities from the ISS on that web site, as well as the Amateur Radio on International Space Station (ARISS) web site:

ARISS - Home

There is even a digital television transmitter that operates on 2.395 GHz, using DVB-S:

HamTV on the ISS - ARISS

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.