Inserting alpha tags - darkice & Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

vk6hgr

Hi Folks.

I use darkice on Linux for my stream. I have also recently written some custom software to get the current channel number data out of the radios and generate an alpha tags string.

I can update my own Icecast2 based streaming server's metadata by calling the admin API URL and can see the results OK. I've looked at the Broadcastify API documentation but I can't see what URL (etc) I'd use to update the metadata on my Broadcastify stream. How is metadata updated for alpha tagging? (Darkice has no support for it natively)

boatbod

Hi Folks.

I use darkice on Linux for my stream. I have also recently written some custom software to get the current channel number data out of the radios and generate an alpha tags string.

I can update my own Icecast2 based streaming server's metadata by calling the admin API URL and can see the results OK. I've looked at the Broadcastify API documentation but I can't see what URL (etc) I'd use to update the metadata on my Broadcastify stream. How is metadata updated for alpha tagging? (Darkice has no support for it natively)
It's an HTTP request. Pretty simple really....
If you know python you might be able to deduce something from here:

vk6hgr

Thanks boatbod.

Turns out I need to translate spaces in the "song" name to + for it to be accepted. Changed my code and now I have alpha tags on my stream.

Now people can see what channel the radios have stopped on. Sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.