Inserting alpha tags - darkice & Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

vk6hgr

Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
11
Reaction score
2
Location
Perth, Western Australia
Hi Folks.

I use darkice on Linux for my stream. I have also recently written some custom software to get the current channel number data out of the radios and generate an alpha tags string.

I can update my own Icecast2 based streaming server's metadata by calling the admin API URL and can see the results OK. I've looked at the Broadcastify API documentation but I can't see what URL (etc) I'd use to update the metadata on my Broadcastify stream. How is metadata updated for alpha tagging? (Darkice has no support for it natively)
 

boatbod

Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2007
Messages
3,733
Reaction score
1,150
Location
Talbot Co, MD
Hi Folks.

I use darkice on Linux for my stream. I have also recently written some custom software to get the current channel number data out of the radios and generate an alpha tags string.

I can update my own Icecast2 based streaming server's metadata by calling the admin API URL and can see the results OK. I've looked at the Broadcastify API documentation but I can't see what URL (etc) I'd use to update the metadata on my Broadcastify stream. How is metadata updated for alpha tagging? (Darkice has no support for it natively)
It's an HTTP request. Pretty simple really....
If you know python you might be able to deduce something from here:
 

vk6hgr

Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
11
Reaction score
2
Location
Perth, Western Australia
Thanks boatbod.

Turns out I need to translate spaces in the "song" name to + for it to be accepted. Changed my code and now I have alpha tags on my stream.

Now people can see what channel the radios have stopped on. Sweet!
 
Joined
Jun 5, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Denton
@vk6hgr sorry to bring up a dead thread but i dont appear to have permissions to pm you. is there any way i can get a copy of your alpha tag code?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top