instant notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd5pck

I have subscribed to a few threads and checked the box for "instant notification" but have yet to receive any notifications in my email inbox. Am I doing something wrong? I have checked that my email address is correct. I may change the email I have on file to another and see what that does.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Make sure that neither your email client nor your ISP is trashing the mail.

kd5pck

KCChiefs9690 said:
You only get updates if someone posted in the thread. Are you sure it's an active thread?
I subscribed to this thread and got no notification of your post. Gonna check some other stuff annd see if I can get it to work.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
kd5pck said:
I subscribed to this thread and got no notification of your post. Gonna check some other stuff annd see if I can get it to work.
It's much easier to login to the site, click on "Your Account", click on "Forum Profile", and it will display the threads that you have subscribed to. Try that instead. ;)

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
KCChiefs9690 said:
It's much easier to login to the site, click on "Your Account", click on "Forum Profile", and it will display the threads that you have subscribed to. Try that instead. ;)
While you are correct in that you can access the threads you are subscribed to, since his ID shows up, he is already logged in. For individual threads, if you want to check if you are subscribed, just click on the drop down where it says "Thread Tools", if you are offered an opportunity to "Unsubscribe" then you are already subscribed to the thread, if you are offered an opportunity to "Subscribe to this thread" then you are not.

As an additional note, if you are subscribed to a thread, and for instant email, you will get an email when someone responds to that thread after the last time you visited it. Given all of that, if you are subscribed and the proper email address is in your profile, then the email is getting lost somewhere on your end.

kd5pck

Not sure what is going on. But anyway, I changed my email address to a different one with the same email client and somehow I am now receiving the instant notifications...HUH???
Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.