Iowa DMR Users

Cashanova48

GMRS callsign WSAF780
I had a few questions about this organization and was hoping someone on this forum page would know about it.

What is the Iowa DMR User's group?

What talk groups are used by weather spotters (if any), and are they only allowed to use them during severe weather instances for that purpose?

Who is allowed to use this system? Any licensed individual or do they have to have affiliation with the group?

Who is in charge of enforcing the rules? Repeater oporaters or people who are put in position by the organization? Can Repeater owners enforce different rules then anyone appointed by the group?

Thanks for the help,
Cashanova

donj51

Making sure the lights are on when the wind is blo
Premium Subscriber
The DMR channel is primarily used for weather spotter reports, just another way to get reports to the NWS. There is a Sunday net that you can check-in, no matter where you are. If you have a technician license and a DMR setup, CQ CQ.

Don
NS0O

Cashanova48

GMRS callsign WSAF780
The DMR channel is primarily used for weather spotter reports, just another way to get reports to the NWS. There is a Sunday net that you can check-in, no matter where you are. If you have a technician license and a DMR setup, CQ CQ.

Don
NS0O
Thanks for the reply. I was also wondering if it is possible to monitor talk group 3119 on recive only. I am not currently licensed and would like to monitor while studying for a license if possible.

Thanks for the help,
Cashanova48

Guldnerk

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply. I was also wondering if it is possible to monitor talk group 3119 on recive only. I am not currently licensed and would like to monitor while studying for a license if possible.

Thanks for the help,
Cashanova48
As long as your scanner is able to receive DMR you should be able to monitor it. There was quite a bit of talking yesterday on it. I have DMR on my SDS200 and have no issues receiving transmission.

Cashanova48

GMRS callsign WSAF780
As long as your scanner is able to receive DMR you should be able to monitor it. There was quite a bit of talking yesterday on it. I have DMR on my SDS200 and have no issues receiving transmission.
Thanks. I own an Ailunce HD2, and am wondering what talkgroups are set to static on the repeaters. I am not able to TX yet, but would love to listen to statewide DMR.

Cashanova48

GMRS callsign WSAF780
I've been having a little but of trouble... I have been using time slot 2, permicuois mode, and receive all talk groups. I can hear the digital noises on anolge, yet fail to receive it on DMR.

Cashanova48

GMRS callsign WSAF780
The Waterloo West repeater, and eventually will program the Fayette repeater.

N0ZJT

Database Admin
The Waterloo West repeater, and eventually will program the Fayette repeater.
The data noise you might be hearing is for the ability to roam between repeaters with a radio that does roaming. The repeater puts out a data signal that the radio hears to tell it that it is in range of the repeater and to use that repeater.

Cashanova48

GMRS callsign WSAF780
The data noise you might be hearing is for the ability to roam between repeaters with a radio that does roaming. The repeater puts out a data signal that the radio hears to tell it that it is in range of the repeater and to use that repeater.
Thanks, I have heard of roaming but haven't know how it works. The radio I've heard the noise on is a GMRS radio that has FM UHF receive. I'll keep playing around with the software.

Cashanova48

GMRS callsign WSAF780
I was looking around on the Bandmaster website, and found that timeslot 2 is for 3119, while Iowa Tac and the NWS TGs are in timeslot 1. I will do some adjustments to my code plug and hope for the best.