Iowa Highway Patrol / Nw Iowa Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayAir

I have some police radios from NW Iowa (Orange City) that are on the old VHF-HI band system. The channels are alpha tagged and I figured most of them out, but does anyone know what IHP-MER or IHP-MAT could mean. IHP means Iowa Highway Patrol. IHP-AIR was speed enforcement from aircraft-155.505 and IHP-CIS was Command,Intel and Surveillance ch- 155.445. TX is inhibited on all IHP channels. It is interesting to note that Orange City,IO police used marine band channels (ch.77 and 88) on their radios in addition to their155mhz police freqs. There was also a couple of channels that used to be reserved for "special industry" use like road crews, farms,etc programmed in. Must of been their secret channels for discrete use. The radios also have a toggle switch allowing you to turn on or off a Transcrypt scrambler.

N0ZJT

Database Admin
I would say that IHP-MER would be the Merrill tower and that IHP-MAT would be the Matlock tower. Both are on the same frequency (155.640), but have different tones. Merrill is 146.2 and Matlock is 167.9

JLM7424

Ray_Air said:
I have some police radios from NW Iowa (Orange City) that are on the old VHF-HI band system. It is interesting to note that Orange City,IO police used marine band channels (ch.77 and 88) on their radios in addition to their155mhz police freqs.
heres how those Freqs are described by Homeland Security .
They were probabley allowed For use by special Fcc permit.
How old are the radios?

Are you Both in the orange city area ?
I,am just moving into Le Mars area , I plan trying to bulid up some good
Local info to Submit perhaps.

CH# 77 156.875 Port Operations (Intership only)
CH# 88A 157.425 Commercial, Intership only.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.