Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elrod

Hi,
I have multiple scanners,each hooked to seperate ext. speakers thru the ear jack.
Is there a way to add an led to each speaker so when it receives a signal the led
also lights? Maybe this is just a pipe dream, but if it can be done does anyone know
how ?
Thanks
Chuck:D

N

N_Jay

Yes it is possible.

No I don't have a circuit design right on top of my head.

I would probably start with an old copy of the OpAMP and 555 Timer cookbooks.

elrod

Thanks N_Jay
I don't know what OP Amps and Timer cookbooks are though, or are you just kidding.
Chuck

elrod

Sorry N_Jay,
I should have known that you would not kid about this kind of stuff. I should have googled first and I
would have known what you were refering to. Any way it seems pretty complicated unless there is some kind of kit or schematic and parts list that would help. Any other thoughts?
Thanks
Chuck

N

N_Jay

Thanks N_Jay
I don't know what OP Amps and Timer cookbooks are though, or are you just kidding.
Chuck

Back in the good old days when we actually built fun projects out of real parts (what today make up Hardware) and most did not even have any "software" in them, there were several types of standard chips that were so darn universally usefull that people wrote books showing 101, or 202, or whatever ways to use those chips in neat little curcits. They were given clever titles like "101 fun OpAmp projects", or "The 555 Timer Cookbook".

The two chips I used mose were the 741 OpAmp and the 555 Timer

555 timer - Google Search

741 Op-Amp Tutorial, op-amps, Operational Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.