Is NFC Hacking Related to Scanners/Radio Communications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I doubt that he was trying to interfere with comms. He more likely said something they didn't like. I am most disturbed by the fact that they kept walking. I wouldn't be surprised if that idea of jamming was introduced to further fuel the switch to digital/encrypted communications.

I don't think it was the agency claiming it. I think it's a certain splinter of one side of the news media that wants to use it as a justification for what happened.

RFI-EMI-GUY

It would be interesting if that was what he was trying to do, the NFC thing but there are ways to do this with more standoff distance and therefore less obvious. Like a protest sign with big tuned coil inside of it. I think he was trying to ask them something or return a found riot helmet (with unseen left hand) as suggested.

LubeckTech

Premium Subscriber
Those cops should have attended to him right away instead of marching off. That is the bad impression the public is left with. I saw another cop turn away , forground of the camera and start to do a sign of the cross. Hey that's nice dude, but at least stop and check on the man.

The cops did the correct thing as they called the EMTs and moved on.
It is their job to clear the area not try to render medical assistance which they were not equipped or trained to adequately do.
It is clear he was trying to do something. I program APX, Harris and Kenwood radios for a living and there is nothing you could do with a cell phone or other small device to disable them - if there is I would like to know about it. It is more likely he was trying to get credit card or cell phone information from the cops in order to later harass them. The "fall" is clearly fake and if you watch all of the videos you will see him leasurely cross his ankles as he is waiting for EMTs and is talking on his phone as they are putting him on the ambulance. There are many videos available on this incident and it appears he was up to something nefarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.