Is this Ottawa system simulcast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary123

west-pac - WA0CBW is correct. The fact he is in America is not relevant in this case. What he is saying is simulcast systems use the same frequencies on all towers at the same time and carry the same traffic. IE 851.000, 852.000, 853.000. A non simulcast system (FleetNet, for example) use different frequencies for each tower site even though they carry the same radio traffic.

WA0CBW. I know you did not bring up the database issue. The Canadian data bases (TAFL) are so heavily redacted they are virtually useless. All systems have to be R&D to locate the frequency set and then to locate the tower sites. It appears the member is just asking for confirmation on the system configuration.

west-pac

west-pac - WA0CBW is correct. The fact he is in America is not relevant in this case. What he is saying is simulcast systems use the same frequencies on all towers at the same time and carry the same traffic. IE 851.000, 852.000, 853.000. A non simulcast system (FleetNet, for example) use different frequencies for each tower site even though they carry the same radio traffic.

WA0CBW. I know you did not bring up the database issue. The Canadian data bases (TAFL) are so heavily redacted they are virtually useless. All systems have to be R&D to locate the frequency set and then to locate the tower sites. It appears the member is just asking for confirmation on the system configuration.

I know what simulcast sites are. What I am seeking is information on whether anyone knows, or has put forth the effort to find out, if either of the sites on that Ottawa system are simulcast. It's easy to use DSD+, find a Site number, the freqs, the CC/ACCs associated with that site, and submit it to the RRDB. I want to know if anyone has looked past that information to determine if either site is a simulcast cell.

gary123

Although not exactly motivated by the original 'members attitude'. I did a little digging. Site 1 is not simulcast.

hunterca

SDS100, BCD325P2
Premium Subscriber
How do you know that?
because my BCD325P2 receives it with no problem.
And I have been monitoring these two sites, only two, for a long time.

Does anyone know when this system will go TDMA since it is already P25 PH2?

Status
Not open for further replies.